X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-1 amd EMGs

hello again people !

i came back from the USA and bought the black
    RR-1 from onlinestagegear ( THX VERRY MUCH MATT)
    and i absolutly love it !!!!!!!!

i also bought the Emg-zakk wylde set (81 and 85)
    and i was wondering if the battery will fit in the RR-1 or will my tech need to install a battery holder ????

thx in advance

! Spart-xAnusx !

Re: RR-1 amd EMGs

Try putting the battery in and see [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    If the set came with a metal clip, use that to hold the battery.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      Try putting the battery in and see [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, what he said! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You should have no problem getting a battery in there, but be sure to cover it in electrical tape or foam so it doesn't short anything out if it hits anything metal inside the cavity. Also, try the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck... it sounds bettter like that to me, but you can always switch them easy enough with the quick-disconnect pickup cables.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My RR1T has the ZW EMGs, andhe battery fits in the control cavity just fine.

Although if I have my druthers, I would have a battery compartment routed out for it, just 'cause it's easier to swap the battery out that way.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Definitely try reversing the pickups so that the EMG-85 is in the bridge for those warm thick crunchy distorted monster riffs and the EMG-81 is in the neck for those spanky cut-through-the-mix tones for soloing and clean passages. I wish I had the quick connect things, and you're lucky to be able to try both combinations to see which suits you best!

Congratulations on the guitar! Make sure you share pictures with us of the guitar after you install the new pickups!

Comment

thanks agai you guys for all your input !!!

sorry guys i have no digital camera, but you surely all remember the black RR-1 that onlinestagegear HAD.

maybee a dumb question: but wouldn't i have to take of the strings to swap 81-85 out ?

thx again

! Spart-xAnusx !

Comment

You don't HAVE to remove the strings. If you don't want to fully take off the strings, unclamp the locking nut, and loosen the string enough to where it has enough slack to for you to raise up the pickups and swap them.

Comment

Yeah, you shouldn't have to change strings, but if you don't like the pickup arraignement (though the 85 rules in the bridge), you can always wait till your next string change if you want.

But as was said, with the quick disconnectors, changing pickups is quick and easy.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Here`s another vot for the 85 in the bridge, much better for heavy rithym and palm muting, I think the 81 sounds a little too thin for me, I prefer the Alnico magnet pickups rather thn ceramic magnet pickups in the bridge. Jack.

[ October 11, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Working...
                  X