DK1 vs SL2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 vs SL2

I have owned/played a few of each and I'm curious to know what everyone prefers. I prefer my bottom of the barrel JS23 (made in China) but with an Indian Cedro body. At the time I also owned a USA SL2. That guitar as well as a KV2 I owned really didn't do it for me. I currently have a early 90's Rhoads Custom that's my #1 and a RR1 that's a close 2nd. Also I really love my KV Pro Made In Indonesia (IWJ). So I really don't care about the country of manufacture but assuming all USA's are equal (which I know they're not as I've had some dogs), would you guys pick up a Soloist or Dinky first?

I'm a bolt-on fan for many reasons so it's the Dinky for me.

I also agree in a way that there's no need to snob an entry level guitar, the JS series has come a long way. I still prefer my DK2's & the SDX but my JS's are good fun & quality.

Comment

I have an SL2HT and a DKMGT and I'd say it's about 60/40 for the Soloist. I love the way the neck thru allows for ultimate comfort at the last few high frets.

I've got no problem with the bolt-on at those frets, but you can't beat that neck thru feel in my opinion.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Soloist here. I have a few bolt on guitars but it's an 80/20 split favoring neck thru.

Comment

Having owned various DK1s from different time frames and many Soloists, I greatly prefer an SL2H over any other US Jackson. Second place goes to an RR1T.

Comment

Depends on the particular guitars in question. In some cases I'm sure I'd take the Dinky, in others the Soloist. All depends on the guitar.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X