Needing help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help...

I just bought a Jackson 4 string Bass guitar from a private owner. There is no serial number. Only marking on the back of the headstock is a stamped "used". The pick up config is a flat top humbucker in the bridge and a flat top single coil (not split) in the neck. They look identical but the bridge p/u is fatter. There are 2 volume controls and 1 tone. After google search, All I can find is a similar style from early 90's MIJ. The only difference is the ones found have 2 volume and 2 tones. These are the C4 model. Any help on identifying a model / year without a s/n is no doubt difficult but I hope not impossible. Any responses will be appreciated.

A pic would be useful.
    The 'used' stamp indicates a manufacturer reconditioned model or a factory second. May have had a finish flaw, electronics problem etc.
    Therefore, it couldn't be sold as new. The serial/neck plate is removed and a blank plate is re-attached. Oftentimes, a stickered serial is applied to the headstock...no doubt the sticker was removed if it had one.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Is it in this catalogue from 2000?

C20MJ? 2001 catalogue.

Last edited by Mudlark; 11-21-2016, 01:54 PM.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

YES! It looks exactly like the C20MJ. (only blue). Lol...

Comment

Tried to upload a pic but it wont load

Comment

The "USED" / No Serial Numbers guitars were part of an inventory close out. Fender didn't want to be stuck with warranty work when buying out C/J, so the existing inventory was sold under the condition of no serial numbers and parts marked used so no warranty work would be covered.

Comment

I stand corrected.
              I mistakenly thought they were part of the reconditioned models, but after reading that, my memory has been jogged.

Comment

Working...
              X