Praise for DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for DK2

Hi all, just wanted to tell you about something that happened to me today.

I stopped by my local Fender/Gibson/Ibanez/ESP/Washburn dealer today with my DK2 EDS. Everyone wanted to play it, and everyone who played it commented on how much they loved the neck. In fact, one guy (who has been playing for 20+ years and worked there about as long) said that it had the best feeling neck of any guitar that's ever been through there. And that includes the high end Gibsons and ESP custom shop guitars they sell.

Re: Praise for DK2

Cool! Will this shop start stocking Jacksons now?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

import or handmade...Jackson is the best!

look I spelled "teh" right. d'oh! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm having a hard time finding anything in the area of imports that can beat my DK2. There just isn't anything out there...........period. After Winter NAMM I will make my next Jackson purchase. If nothing new comes out that tickles me the right way I will be getting a DXMG in gunmetal grey. Jackson imports totaly rule! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I was thinking of a gunmetal grey DXMG or a DKMGT (figured I'd try out a non-trem guitar). The only flaws with the DK2 IMO is the Duncan Design humbucker (which I replaced with the real SD). The singles actually don't sound too bad, except for all the hum. I know I'm gonna get some flak for this, but I'm replacing them with some Dualrails from a MusicYo Kramer. Say what you want, but I really dig those pickups.

I don't really mind the JT580LP, but I will eventually throw a OFR in there, although that's not a priority.

Comment

That`s a great story. The only thing i can think of that would better the DK2 but keep the price down is to add Black hardware on solid and graphic colors, but they are worth every penny either way!! Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Offrampmotel:
              I'm replacing them with some Dualrails from a MusicYo Kramer. Say what you want, but I really dig those pickups.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've heard good things about 'em. I almost bought a Yo Kramer Baretta on eBay.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Offrampmotel:
                I'm replacing them with some Dualrails from a MusicYo Kramer. Say what you want, but I really dig those pickups.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've heard good things about 'em. I almost bought a Yo Kramer Baretta on eBay. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't own a kramer. And I've never put anything on eBay. Who's kramer was it?

Comment

I agree totally that the DK2's necks are sweet. And, pretty much everything else about them, too. I was kind of thinking about replacing my PC1 I just sold, but am starting to rethink the decision to just get another DK2. But, it must have black hardware. So, I guess that limits the finish options to just the black with fire inlays or the blue orange flame. Am I missing any others with black hardware? Hey, and I don't mind the SD designed HB's or the singles, they work great for me.
                  Brian
                  I have a thread in the Jackson Import section on my DK2 EDS. Check it out!

Comment

My first of the newer import series Jackson's was a DK2 BOF, that graphic is killer. The guitar sounds great and plays even better, I was totally blown away by it. I did slap a SD Custom Custom in it after HOURS of trying diff PuP's, that sounded the best in it thru my Dual Rec! I also sanded the sh*t out of the neck to get the clear coat off, just felt a little sticky to me. Once I did that tho man...that DK2 has become one of my main stage guitars! Now I don't have to worry about beating up all my soloists!! WOO!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Seriously a great guitar and for a graphic Jackson under $500 with a killer Jackson Hard Shell...WHO can complain???? Not me!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Be COol!
                    Mike

Comment

I really enjoyed my DK2. It would still be my number one import if not for the DXMG.

They both play pretty much the same. I only give the edge to the DXMG cause I like reverse headstocks and black hardware and I think the EMG-Hz are killer.

The DK2 does rock tho, no question about it.

Comment

I have a DK2 EDS on hold right now can't wait to get that thing home, been playing mostly USA series & neck through imports from Jackson. Not real big on a bolt on neck myself but after playing the DK2 at my local GC, I had to get one.
                        [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                        X