Jackson DK2..pick hitting the middle pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2..pick hitting the middle pickup

My wife got me a 2007 Jackson DK2 MIJ for Christmas this year and I've been been playing it a lot. I've played Les Paul's for about the past 6 years and I've ran into a problem. My pick keeps hitting the middle pickup. The main reason for buying this guitar was to play 80s hair metal like Ratt etc. should I just keep playing and get username to it or lower my middle single coil. Opinions?

Lower that sucker. Takes 20 seconds to do so. See how it goes and then go from there.

Comment

Middle pickups are hard to get used to for a lot of people. Just lower it until it's out of the way.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, just lower it out of the way. It's not like it's actually useful. lol
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a DK2, and found that the middle pickup was in the way. I removed it completely and replaced it with an empty pickup cover, the style with no holes in it, like an active EMG. I rewired the 5 way switch so that the neck pickup was on in the middle position, and the tone control is only on in the middle position also. Works for me.
          A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Stand up to play.
            You'd be amazed at how many times sitting down causes problems because your arms are not in playing position.

Comment

Working...
            X