What is the DK27 tuned to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the DK27 tuned to?

Just a curious question. What tuning does the DK27 come with? I know the strings are a 0.13-0.56 set. I'm not too familiar with baritone guitars, and if it comes from the factory "optimized" in a tuning I like (Bb, B, or C), then it seems kinda cool and strikes my interest wihout having to go seven-string.

...Although, a seven-string import would be nice too.

Re: What is the DK27 tuned to?

It's most likely tuned to a LOOOOOOOOOW B [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, it's in B tuning.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, I believe it's tuned B to B as in B-E-A-D-G-B

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I want one now!!! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, it would be... B-E-A-D-F#-B. http://www.hotrodguitars.com/BaritoneGuitar.htm

[ October 13, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

You could also tune it up to like C without a problem. My 7 string is tuned liek a 6 string, c-c with an extra high C.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Actually, it would be... B-E-A-D-F#-B. http://www.hotrodguitars.com/BaritoneGuitar.htm
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whoa!!! So you mean to tell me that a standard seven-string is NOT tuned like a standard six-string with a low B string?

Instead of B-E-A-D-G-B-E, you have B-E-A-D-F#-B-E?

Hmmm... wait... it's probably due to the way the 2nd string is tuned on a guitar. It's not a fourth apart from the 3rd string like all the other strings are.

Comment

A 7-string is like a standard guitar, with just a low B string (B-E-A-D-G-B-E). A Baritone would be different with just the second string being F# instead of G. You're just losing the normal high E string and compensating for the B tuning to be almost like playing standard, just lower.

[ October 13, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

I like being able to switch back and forth between B-E-A-D-G-B-E and B-E-A-D-F#-B-E on the 7 string. With just a half step retuning of one string, it goes from a standard tuned 6 string with an extra low B to a low B tuned six string with an extra high E [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] it's interesting in the way it changes how you think about the guitar.

Comment

I always set them up B-E-A-D-F#-B. It's a baritone guitar, so it gets tuned down a fourth. There wasn't an OFFICIAL way to tune them so I just went with that.

It's always a good idea to go with what works for you though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                        There wasn't an OFFICIAL way to tune them so I just went with that.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Crappy quality control alert! Crappy quality control alert!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] NOTP
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Black Mariah, what were the serial numbers on them, so that we may all avoid these "rogue" guitars you set up? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, no more from me... I promise!! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Interesting. I feel like I'm now well-versed in the nu-metal guitar world. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X