NEW C.I.T.E.S. Law for 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW C.I.T.E.S. Law for 2017

I am not sure how true or how reaching , but I just tried buying a Jackson with a rosewood board from a gentleman in the U.K. and was told that as of Jan. 1 2017 , guitars with rosewood fingerboard or any endangered wood can no longer be shipped BACK to the USA without a C.I.T.E.S. document .

He said he would be glad to take my money and ship , but the guitar would likely be seized and destroyed.

One would think that instruments made prior to the ban would be exempt, but then again the nature kooks see this as their planet, not our planet.

Has anyone been affected by this yet ? Any better or more in depth info on this ?

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/151...les-of-guitars

Comment

Just to be clear was this plain old Indian RW?

edit: Ok I read the article and its all species.
      Last edited by Dog Boy; 01-14-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

The new law is much further reaching. Exercise caution buying abroad.

Comment

The low Canadian dollar had already nipped my guitar-buying in the bud... This new ruling just killed any future cross-border purchases.

And with Jacka$$ Trudeau planning new carbon taxes in the very near future, I think my buying days are over...

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
            The low Canadian dollar had already nipped my guitar-buying in the bud... This new ruling just killed any future cross-border purchases.

And with Jacka$$ Trudeau planning new carbon taxes in the very near future, I think my buying days are over...
            Yep, you got "Globalist Scum" bad in Canada. You guys need to find your Trump and kick the turds out.

Comment

If you're willing to wait the processing time it's easy to get the permits..pain in the ass but no big deal...the shipper is the one who does the work, so if he wants the sale he will. I've also been told at the moment they are only looking at acoustics, and the process will probably be stream lined soon. Hope to learn more at Namm

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                Yep, you got "Globalist Scum" bad in Canada. You guys need to find your Trump and kick the turds out.
                Yeah, we do... Sadly, Canada was founded by 'loyalists' so I don't think there are enough of us with the stones to fight back.

I may have to emigrate south next year...

Comment

What I want to know is how the fuck they determine the guitar has Rosewood in it? Unless the shipper tells them does every border employee know what to look for? Are they inspecting every damn item?
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
                    Yeah, we do... Sadly, Canada was founded by 'loyalists' so I don't think there are enough of us with the stones to fight back.

I may have to emigrate south next year...
                    Holy shit does that give me a great idea ! USA-Canada "Trade-A-Globalist" program. We will trade you 1 ignorant, dumbed down Commie from Kaliforniastan for 1 good patriotic Canadian who will support the US Constitution. Win/Win for all.

Comment

http://www.madinter.com/media/import...ernational.pdf

Comment

Holy shit does that give me a great idea ! USA-Canada "Trade-A-Globalist" program. We will trade you 1 ignorant, dumbed down Commie from Kaliforniastan for 1 good patriotic Canadian who will support the US Constitution. Win/Win for all.
                        LOL!!! I said the same thing to some friends prior to the Presidential election!

When all those nutty celebrities were crying about moving to Canada if Trump won, I suggested that an exchange program should be put into place - 1 American leftwing nutbar for 1 liberty-minded Canadian.

P.S. This is my 45th Canadian winter... California sounds lovely!
                        Last edited by Metal Spawn; 01-15-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

So does this mean that every single Jackson import guitar with a rosewood fingerboard will now require a CITES certificate to come into the United States ? That's going to add a lot of cost to low end imports.

Comment

Solution: Imports should all use ebony or maple, which is exactly what JCFers wanted back in the 2000s when the popular opinion was that rosewood fretboards, chrome hardware, and lack of binding made imports look cheap

Comment

why would a good patriotic Canadian want to move to the States to support the US constitution? Wouldn't they stay in Canada, since they're so patriotic?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X