Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this normal?

Originally posted by YngwieRules:
    no the click wasnt audible enough to be heard over playing, if the room was quiet and i shook the guitar i would hear it. Its doing it again by the way after i tightened those two screws. I thought it had fixed it but apparently it didnt. The wierd thing is it only clicks when its been sitting still then i shake it. If i constantly shake it it only clicks once at the first
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmmmmm.....go figure........Ya know, now that I think about it if the room is too damn quiet I hear a lot of little noises coming outa my guitars. Try raising the level of ambient noises and see if it goes away. Just a thought.
    And BTW, why are you shaking your guitar? Is it an Ibanez? Has it been bad? Just wanting to fill in all the blanks on this one.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by YngwieRules:
      The wierd thing is it only clicks when its been sitting still then i shake it. If i constantly shake it it only clicks once at the first
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So stop shaking it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Open the truss rod cover and be ready to catch the nut. If that's the problem, your guitar should also be bowed pretty far forward since there would be no tension on the truss rod.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by YngwieRules:
          The wierd thing is it only clicks when its been sitting still then i shake it. If i constantly shake it it only clicks once at the first
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So stop shaking it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And, it's

weird
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

haha no the guitar hasnt been bad , i treat it better than my car. I first noticed when id pick it up sometimes it would make that small click sound so i would shake it periodicly to see if it would ever go away. ill take off the truss rod cover when i get off work and see how it is

Comment

I'd like to see a pic of his neck sighting down from the nut and up from the heel before he does anyting to it.Funny thing I've had guitars come in and the truss rod nut laying in the cavity and the neck be stright as an arrow.Its a learning experience every day.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

ok i took off the truss rod cover. the rod is in there nice and tight although it is leaning off slightly to the right. I also found out if i shake it down, then flip it over and do it backwards it will make the click immediately so im guessing its a lose pickup or something although i could swear it sounds like its coming from the headstock area.

all this shaking / bobbing it to find out where the click is coming from wont warp the neck or anything will it?

Comment

Could be a loose tuner maybe?

Comment

ok after some trial and error i have concluded the clicking sound is coming from the middle of the neck or so. wierd. the action and innotation is fine on the guitar

Comment

Remember, if you shake it more than twice, you'r playing with it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You might have a broken truss rod.You said leaning to one side? It shouldn't lean at all.
                        Maybe its just me but is this guy for real?
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

what do you mean is this guy for real? I took off the truss rod cover and it was angled slightly too the right. My neck is perfectly straight though and the truss rod wouldnt move at all

Comment

The truss rod sounds like its broken and or stuck. But broken would explain the ratteling.
                            If it's just stuck try turning it with a bit of strength. It it's already broken you wont have to worry about it breaking. If your not sure exactly what it is. Just take it to a tech and have him look at it.
                            Gil

Comment

Working...
                            X