Help Identifying Neck Thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying Neck Thru

Hey Guys. Love the forum. I own 3 USA Jackson soloists. Not really looking to add another, BUT...found what looks like a steal. I got the serial number from the seller, 001243. Looked this up and should be a '91 Ontario Jackson. Can't find Made in the USA anywhere on it from the pics though.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

I am no expert on Jackson. My Jacksons are all 2010 or newer. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

That's a Japanese SL4. I think from about 2005.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The 22 frets always stand out on those SL4's.
      The serial is for 2000. They were only made for a year or two.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I don't know why I was thinking 2005. I've got the 2001 catalog that it's featured in. It's not in the ones for 2000 or 2002.

Comment

Only one year?
          That would suggest it's an early build, made in late 2000 for an early 2001 release.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Apparently only one year, according to the catalogs.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I found a listing on reverb for an identical guitar, finish and everything. I'm going to check this out today. For $320 OBO, it's worth a look.

Comment

Cool. Definitely a nice deal.

Comment

Any MIJ neck thru for under $500 in good shape if certainly worth checking out. $320 used is the MIJ bolt on range.

Comment

Working...
                  X