Help Me Identify This Jackson Resurrection in Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Identify This Jackson Resurrection in Process

Hello all. I recently won an auction for this Jackson guitar. It has no special markings or "Made in" labels anywhere. It was a filthy mess, but has been cleaned, and will require a lot of work still. I would like to know what it is though, as the auction offered no info. It states Jackson on the headstock which has the tuning keys in the usual orientation. The only other marking I have found is what appears to be the serial number on the mounting plate for the neck, which is bolt on. The number is 99060121. I don't plan on removing the neck but suppose I can if necessary. I'm pretty sure it's not a million dollar find or anything, I just want to know what it is.

No one has any insight/info? Is it just a basic Dinky? Any idea what year?

Comment

I couldn't tell you what year exactly, but it looks like my 2002 Made-In-India JS-20.

Here's mine:

A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Thanks hairy-dude. The only concern I have with this thing so far, is the finish on the body. The paint is fine but it appears as if they didn't sand out the imperfections in the body once it was cut. I know black shows everything, but the flat parts should be flat and it looks like there are mill marks and so forth. The jack was so generic and flimsy; it was terrible. Immediately replaced it with a neutrick. Now the plug barely goes in without a grunt. Nut shows delivered to the house today, so I'll have to get to work on fitting that. Replacement pots on order from slow boat from China. The current ones work, but are lumpy when turned.

Comment

That all screams JS series to me. The original electronics in mine weren't great, either. Mine has a thin veneer or printed veneer on the front, and the join is not even lined up along the centre line!
          A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Sorry, not sure how this post got missed, but that's a 1999 Indian made JS20 same as hairy-dude's JS20.

The serials were date coded on Indian models. The JS20 was the lowest priced entry level at the time.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Cool and thanks Mudlark. I was worried it wasn't the original body or something with the Jackson neck just thrown on it. Someone definitely messed with the pots and pickups because the wiring is so terrible and messy. There is even a loose extra ground wire, something like 18 AWG too, with no where to go. The bare wire on one end of it is just waiting to send all your notes to GND at the right moment. Makes my entry level Ibanez look like a Boutique quality axe. I'm digging the color on yours too dude.

Comment

Working...
              X