which one should i buy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one should i buy???

i´m really not shure, maybe your opinions can help me through my own debate. i know i posted a few threads about these guitars, but i still don´t know which one i should buy. so guys, please help me out!!!
    the first one is a san dimas charvel form 1995, it´s used but very good condition. price is about 700.- euro = us$ 820.-

the second one is a dinky DR-3 i think. it must be a 1996 model. condition is near mint. price about 380.- euro = us$445,00

the third one is a RR-3 with special paintjob. this guitar is new, and the price is 599.- euro = us$701,73

so please which one would you buy????

thanx for your replies!!!

[ October 13, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: joe web ]

Re: which one should i buy???

If it were me (which it is not), I would buy the San Dimas Charvel......and mainly the reason I say this is that it will hold it's value better than the newer imports, is USA made, and (arguably amongst some) the quality is a lot higher with better components. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

That is my $0.02 worth. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

They all have the same red X graphic on them? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

maybe you should know, that this guitar is not the only one i would own than.
        my other guitars can be seen here.
        (musicman evh, ibanez rg620, ibanez artist, epiphone zakk wylde, charvel 375dlx)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          They all have the same red X graphic on them? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          oh boy!
          [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, Joe, it wasn't too long ago you were the "red X" boy. How soon we forget! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I know. I almost thought they were my guitars for a minute. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Wow! You guys like the X graphics? Me too....here's a couple of my blue X models:

You like 'em?
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                    it will hold it's value better
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Joe, I'd go with the DR3.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would go with the 95 San Dimas Charvel. Hand crafted, Dimarzio pickups (unless they've been changed) and if it's a model with a Floyd (can't tell cause of the X graphic in the way) it's a REAL Floyd. Better value than the other two guitars.

Comment

Never buy a guitar with the thought of resale value in mind - you'll never play it and it's a waste of money.
                          Buy the one that has the construction, design, and playability features you are most interested in.
                          If you want a USA-made Strat-style that is good for most Rock, get the Charvel.
                          If you want a high-quality Japanese-made Strat-style guitar that's perfect for Hard Rock/Metal, get the Dinky.
                          If you want the all-out Metal image and great playability, get the Rhoads.
                          If you want an investment, buy a Certificate Of Deposit or buy Stock in a company.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

don´t you se any picture in the first post???
                            is that true??

Comment

Nope, no pics. And when right clicking on it to cut and paste, this is what I get: "You do not have permission to get the requested URL from this server."

Comment

Working...
                              X