With much trepidation. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: With much trepidation. . .

morgan ringwald, jcf complaint department.

i love it! consider it done, pal! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Pics are off to Jim, Thanks. When they get on I will put the measurements up.

Comment

<center></center>
        <hr height=-1>
        <center></center>
        <hr height=-1>
        <center></center>
        <hr height=-1>

[ October 15, 2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

The blue guitar is 3.31" x .990", The bengal (which is a factory route) is 3.09" x .609". The .609 to .990 is 63% larger than Factory, and the 3.09 to 3.31 is only 7% over, but the entire hole is shifted down about 1/4".

Comment

I just measured again, and it is moved down about .160" between 1/8" and 3/16".

Comment

First of all, having the admins act as some kind of arbitration entity is so far outside their scope of responsibilities it should not even be considered. It is enough work to admin the board to keep it clear of idiots, place theads in the right section, maintaining resource pages, and answering questions and requests. To assert that they should be responsible for holding judgement in an online environment is not a viable option.
              They are here to administrate the board, that is, to keep it running and orderly in an unbiased fashio. An admin job is supposed to be closer to a janitor (actually it is pretty much a janitor's job) than judge.

The Accusational folder is set up to be a place where there is no administration. It is no man's land. It is the DMZ. It is the forum for misfit threads. Its creation was a result of the very debate going on in this thread. It was designed so that the admins would not have to debate if someone should be able to air dirty laundry publically. Have a thread that goes bad/looks bad/smells bad? Move it to the Accusational folder. This way the people who are all wrapped up emotionally in waging online warfare go just go at it and get it out of their systems.

The beauty of it is that it polices itself. If you make it policy NOT to delete threads gone bad, users know that everything they write is there for all to see and will stay there. This usually does not hit home until well after the immediate conflict is resolved and everyone has calmed down. At that point when they go read all the stuff they spouted in the heat of the moment that they wish they could take back that is now locked in place for all to read makes them think twice about said spoutage in future threads.

I came up with the idea because I am quite guilty of letting people get the best of me and getting in these huge blowups on the boards. Almost all of it I'd wished I'd never written and wanted it all deleted! I figured out that the best solution to discourage people from writing stupid things is to hold them accountable to their what they say by making it permanent record.

In order to work, the Accusational section must be non-editable and threads should stay there for a good long time. Some should be permanent reminders to the stupid but that is up to the admins to decide.

So it is a multi-purpose tool. It creates a place to put things like this thread which is of no business to anyone but the two parties in the transaction. It is also a place to move all the fights and debates gone wild where admins can wash their hands of it and let the mob rule. It also allows them to focus their time and attention on the parts of the board that deserve it.

I'd rather have these guys working on the gallery, resource and information pages, and admin'ing the board than deliberating over ridiculous threads like this one or spending time babysitting people who can't conduct business transactions on their own.

The only detriment of the Accusational section is that new members come see some of the crap people write at each other and may get turned off by the bad vibes. This is why it is important to explain up front the intent of the section.

Good luck admins! Don't let them drag you into the sh*t!
              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

If it originally had a vintage trem, wouldn't the posts for it be farther away from the pickup than it would be on a Floyd?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As always Bret is da man.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
                    I'd rather have these guys working on the gallery, resource and information pages, and admin'ing the board than deliberating over ridiculous threads like this one or spending time babysitting people who can't conduct business transactions on their own.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i've said this so many times over the years bret, but you've so often been the voice of reason. as always, my hat's off to ya.

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, I was reffering to what Chuckracer said about a bad dealing, it was to my understanding that it was Mulder he had the bad deal with. Am I mistaken? If so, I apologize in advance.

With more pictures of the route, we can judge better, I guess.

The way I figure it, they are 2 adults, let them figure out what the deal is.

I do not see how *gay* would be bad, I have seen other board members use that word without consequence, however if that is the case, I will not type it again on these boards. (in ref. to my trem route*).

Comment

Well that looks different than any of my floyd conversions...

Different is an opinion, an observation, hack is another take on it. It is not ugly but not what I am used to seeing....

Since this laundry is now aired can we ask what each of you wants to resolve it? I am not clear on the sellers refund and return ideas or if the buyer wants to keep it at all...
                        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
                          Sully, I was reffering to what Chuckracer said about a bad dealing, it was to my understanding that it was Mulder he had the bad deal with. Am I mistaken? If so, I apologize in advance.

With more pictures of the route, we can judge better, I guess.

The way I figure it, they are 2 adults, let them figure out what the deal is.

I do not see how *gay* would be bad, I have seen other board members use that word without consequence, however if that is the case, I will not type it again on these boards. (in ref. to my trem route*).
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">chuck was in fact talking about 2 deals with CPH, not mulder. and we've always frowned upon the the gay thing.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That is a nasty route. I have seen much better conversion routes. Sounds like a job for a Kahler Pro or maybe even a
                            Washburn Wonderbar [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have to reread.... I suggested early that is both parties agree, a few members in good standing can help work it out ala a peoples court. I think one of the admins mentioned that if approached they would try to work it out off line quietly. I do not think any of us feel the admins need to work out all our squables. If anything, members here can help the admins out more. Just let us know how we can help and I am sure many would.
                              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Bottom line- Was the pic of the Floyd with the square edge route SHOWN to the buyer BEFORE the purchase? YES or NO?

If it WAS...the guitar is HIS. The route isn't gonna change from square to rounded in transit.

If it WASN'T...and was said to be a factory route(which it isn't), TAKE IT BACK.

The great and powerful OZ has spoken...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                                Scott
                                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X