With much trepidation. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: With much trepidation. . .

Could you post the pics of the body you sent the buyer? I for one am not familiar with the issues of v-trems routed for Floyds, and would like to see the hole that was mentioned earlier.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Shawn, I have heard the other side of the story, and so far I'm not taking sides, but there were several posts early in the thread looking for a neck to stretch.
      I'll not spill any info, its not my place. If the buyer wants to, thats his choice, but so far the general sentiment here is the buyer should "suck it up". That's passing judgement without knowing both sides of the story.

Comment

Agreed, Chuck. Buying from pics is always tricky (except when you run across mine [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , and then, SELLING is tricky because minor flaws look like Godzilla came through [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] ), and I'd like to see the pics.
        As for the original listing, I don't see how it's "thorough" as was mentioned earlier. It does mention the v-trem-to-Floyd mod, but again there's no pic attached to the thread.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It mentions the mod. Maybe I have been unlucky, but the majority of Floyd modded standard Strat trem routes I have encountered were poorly done. I would ask for pics before laying one cent down. That is something you leave up to pics to describe.

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas:
            Another interesting idea that I got from a well respected member of this forum is a 24 hour review and recind period on all sales.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I always offer a 3 day unconditional money back guarantee. I'll even eat my costs if someone is unhappy. I've never had any problems, except once I sold a BL500xl that turned out to be fake. I didn't know, it came in my KV Custom so I was pretty adamant it was real. I still owe xxxcreaturexxx a favor in my mind... hope he's not reading [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] j/k
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              Agreed, Chuck. Buying from pics is always tricky (except when you run across mine [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I forgot, was that Rhoads a parts pile, or was it fully assembled? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just got the word from Chuck about this thread, I am the buyer, but I am late for practice(5:30). I will get pics and info out when I get back. As for the V to Floyd mod, I totally missed it when I looked at the pics from Clark. The mod was so bad that the Floyd doesn't cover it on 2 of the 4 sides. 1 is close but I could live with that one. He says it was done by Charvel which is a total lie because if they did crappy work like that, they would be working at BurgerKing. He said the original neck was broke, but rumor has it he wanted a strathead on it and sold the original for cash. 2 months ago he said if I wanted my money back it would take time, and I think 2 months is being more than reasonable, but now he has changed his tune, even though he says the parts are worth more than I paid for it. I am sure that in the end I will eat it, but I would never sell something to anyone, especially on the Forum, and not stand behind the merchandise. I guess it comes down to money and character. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by mulder1966:
                  2 months ago he said if I wanted my money back it would take time, and I think 2 months is being more than reasonable.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i'd consider that a refund offer.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The deal is that I had one of my other offers intimate that he might still want the guitar on Monday, 8 September, that I would forward this money, thru paypal, to him, then he could ship said guitar to other deal. Seemed reasonable to save on shipping, doesn't it? I forwarded this info on to Mark. Then he didn't get back to me until Thursday, 11 September, at which time that deal fell thru. That's the context of it. Now, I have also told Mr. Watson as recently as half an hour ago I'm willing to work out some sort of reasonable deal, but also any refunds of any amount must result in at least something returned. I think that's reasonable. Note: Neither he nor I have, it's true, been timely w/ emails. However, I have neither desired nor intend to elevate this event to a flaming death match, it's too ****ing stupid. Look, man, I bought it, told it was factory added, Jackson has it in the books as electric blue w/ Floyd. I'll send a pic right now, from his own camera of the problem. Me and this guy are going a week apart on emails for this stupid thing. What are these so called rumors? Who are all these "bad deals" I've had? No one's let me in on the big secret. Please note: In his last email to me he said something about plates only recently going for $190. I offered $300 for the damn plate. That's a discount right there, isn't it?

Comment

one more thing. Who gives a rat's ass whether I sold the original neck for cash. I advertised the guitar as a "Parts guitar" always very upfront about it. You mention this only in an attempt to discredit me? You know what, that's lame, plain and simple. Where you under some misguided notion that the parts guitar I sold you somehow I was trying to pass off as a bonafide Strat head? someone email me on how I can send the pic for posting of the so called "horrible floyd install" Anyone want the email trail? Got it all on file. Pay attention to the dates. Man, I don't want to be a dick, don't make me.

Comment

Send me the pic, I'll post it here.
                        [email protected]
                        I think the pic should be the same one you sent the buyer if this is going to be a fair judgement.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Guy's just to be upfront.. As long as this thread stays civil it will not be shut down. I don't wanna see any threats or name calling. If it can be worked out in an adult like manner this thread will continue as it has ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

let me officially say that this thread is something that's being very watched. you posted this in the open, and by doing so, you open yourself up to the proverbial slings and arrows.

if you're the one with the issue, imo, the burden of proof falls on you. you're airing this deal with or without the approval of the buyer, or the admins, i might add, and losing your cool isn't the best idea. not sayin you don't have a right to be upset, but keep it in mind.

no one is going to make you lose your cool, it's all up to you. and really, that goes for all of us here. i'm not faulting you at all for wanting others' opinions of what's gone down, but the buyer has the right to reply with his feelings, and you have to respect that.

sully
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah...what kev said!

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I agree with the admins (damn I hate it when I have to do that [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) but I offered to host the pic, which I think will shed a lot of light on the whole subject. Since the main beef seems to be with the Floyd route we can tell if the pic showed it accurately or if it was intentionally hiding it. My opinion is that if the buyer received a decent pic showing all the details then he has no recourse. If it was one of those "eBay" pics intentionally hiding something important then the seller should make it right. I think my logic is pretty siimple on that isn't it?
                                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X