X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: With much trepidation. . .

MM...

lets wait for mulder....

This whole thing is happening and he is not here for it.... I think I would be very unnerved to come on the forum a see a thread this long concerning a transaction I was involved in.

He took the pictures in question, let ssee if he wants them posted first. He may also want to resolve this offline

(note to self... lern to ttype andd spell)

[ October 14, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: 83SanDimas ]
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

What? He has been here and he is aware of this thread. Read up a little bro.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas:
        (note to self... lern to ttype andd spell)
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This auction may be JUST for you! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1185

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno..

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by mulder1966:
            I just got the word from Chuck about this thread, I am the buyer, but I am late for practice(5:30). I will get pics and info out when I get back. As for the V to Floyd mod, I totally missed it when I looked at the pics from Clark. The mod was so bad that the Floyd doesn't cover it on 2 of the 4 sides. 1 is close but I could live with that one. He says it was done by Charvel which is a total lie because if they did crappy work like that, they would be working at BurgerKing. He said the original neck was broke, but rumor has it he wanted a strathead on it and sold the original for cash. 2 months ago he said if I wanted my money back it would take time, and I think 2 months is being more than reasonable, but now he has changed his tune, even though he says the parts are worth more than I paid for it. I am sure that in the end I will eat it, but I would never sell something to anyone, especially on the Forum, and not stand behind the merchandise. I guess it comes down to money and character. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Mulder, nice seal suit... Is that rented?? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas:
              Lets be fair and not offer any judgement until (and if) the other party states their position.

This thread does pose an interesting possability. A greivance committe. If both parties consent maybe we can get a few members in good standing to review both sides and help resolve it ala a JCF peoples court. It can be done off line..Just a thought

Another interesting idea that I got from a well respected member of this forum is a 24 hour review and recind period on all sales. If we truely are brothers here it is a worth while and fair idea. Buyer sends payment, seller ships, ups delivers, buyer reviews and if unhappy returns at his cost. Seller refunds when guitar is recieved back. The 24 hours gives a deadline to a dispute. Resolve it that day or return it at your cost. Seller lost on shipping, buyer lost on shipping.

I have placed items on the forum for sale and realized we have a large age spread here on the forum. A transaction between a 40 +/- year old and a teenager is different than between 2 people your own age. Value and money are different as age changes (somtimes but not always don't beat me up on this one.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] A $300 dollar guitar to one guy could be some one elses entire savings...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A very good idea.. but what if the other party makes themselves unavailable within the 24 hr period?
              If something like this were to take effect.. would there have to be correspondence stating a return? If the policy was, you could return it no questions asked without notification or correspondence.. then yeah. I think 24 hrs is a little short.. maybe 48 or 72 hours on a business week, so either side isn't getting material and funds tied up for long.

I think the JCF jury is not a bad idea as well.

I agree with Sully and Kev and their respective points. The burden of proof falls moreso to the poster with the issue.
              I read the original post when it was posted and was not interested. You have two different postings for this do you not? One 7/27 and the other 8/27? It does state on the 8/27 (a month after the first) that this is a factory added floyd done. So.. since the issue is seems to be in the floyd, I would say..that is what you need pics of to be posted for everyone to see. Any documentation of the work done would be reasonable as well.

I think 300.00 for a san dimas plate is a pretty amicable trade as they seem to go for about 200-250 depending on condition...but that is just an observation and not my call as it's not my deal.

[ October 14, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

The admins are watching this carefully for 2 reasons .. one that it doesn't get out of hand and 2 this may launch a test of a new idea we have. We are considering a folder similar to Charvel Cetral where you can air your bad deals without worrying about banning (Provided it's done intelligently and respecfully) This would provide 2 things. It would give a a system for people to gage honesty of buyers and sellers. it would also keep these type of posts out of the folders that don't pertain to this type of issue .. The idea is simply if you had a chance of airing your dirty laundry would you make sure you exhausted every avenue to make a seller or buyer satisifed ... it might force more people to be honest ...
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

and yes.... we'll send a check to CC if we do it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Suggestion
                    ===========
                    If anyone has pics of vintage trem to Floyd conversion routs - post 'em. Floyd on AND off.

These can be compared to the rout in question.
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

very interesting.....BTW i have pic of a modded OFR route cant host them tho.

Comment

Guys, I'm all over handling this in a civil manner. What began this whole thing I think was that he sent me emails, one threatening to trash me on this forum. Now that is slander. That's my comment about the attorney. I don't want, and doubt it would come to that. However, I got another threatening to trash me letter last night and that is why I've brought this here. Frankly, I know I didn't screw anyone here, as you'll notice others who looked at the guitar in question have chimed in here. My desire to work something out w/ the guy is based on my desire to help a guy out if possible. That being said, I think I've got a clear conscience on this matter and I think others involved w/ the guitar have already attested. I'm not interested in trashing Mark. I'm sure he's probably a cool guy, but if you could read the tone of his emails vs. mine, I think you'd see a different picture. What was his point about the pointy neck thing? I never said this guitar was anything other than what it is, "Parts". By the way, it's nice!!!

Comment

Jsullysix, your points are definetly noted. I'm not trying to be a dick. All I know is that Mark threatened to trash me here. We've been playing email tag. He doesn't get back to me fast, I've not got back to him fast at times. OK. That's why I'm here. I made what I believe are reasonable offers. He asked me for $125. That's it, he keeps the guitar. I'll send the email if you like. I responded I'd give him $100 but wanted the Pickup back. Or I'd give him $300 and take the plate, his last email said was worth $190. OK. I'm really not here to start a war, just to make sure I defend myself. He started the war by threatening to trash me in at least 2 emails. I'll forward them to you off line if you like. Dude, this whole thing is stupid. I wish I had some money to buy the damn thing back and part it out on ebay. I'd make more money anyway. I should have done that anyway. Man this is dumb. No offense Jsullysix, I'm cool. Just wanted to let you know why I started this in the first place. Kinda like GW in Iraq.

Comment

I have pics of a ofr route from vintage trem on my explorer.It was pro done, and looks very good to me. If someone want to host the pics I'll send them to you. I almost got this guitar, and I have emailed with Mark. I don't want to pick sides. If these pics will help let me know. They are on my work laptop so I won't be able to email them till wensday.
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Well I just got back from practice.(Eating with one hand and typing with the other, sorry if I type bad like this) I would like to show the pics if someone will host them. The beef is ONLY with the route. I knew the neck was a Wayne replacement and had planned on selling it anyway. The reason I bought the guitar was for the 1 hum body and the plate. It is my fault for not demanding better pics of the guitar before I bought it, but I was under the impression that we here on the Forum would hold OURSELVES to a higher standard when buying and selling. If for one minute he thought that route was factory done by anyone reputable, he must have paid for alot of swamp land in his years. I don't want this blown out of the water, and I also feel waiting 2 months for him to get money together was cool on my part. And he has offered to buy back parts, but not the body. The point I was trying to make with the original neck was that you told me in several emails the original was broken and replaced. So if you would lie about that.... Why would I care if you sold it for cash, I knew it was not in the deal anyway. You also know what your dealing with when at the first sign of trouble you say you'll get your lawyer involved. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] It's not like I said I was coming to Kansas city to throw ya a beatin or something. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I have made up my mind that this will not be settled for either of us, and will leave a scar. I have had some dealing with several of the members here, and I am sure (or hope) that they were happy with my side. ( I have always had great luck from my end with the deals ) I also think that I hang out here and post quite abit, hopefully adding to the community. Clark has few posts and most are for gear. I feel bad if people think strongly for either side, because if I were not involved, I would be nuetral most likely. And thanks to the members who gave me advice and what not. ( I got your backs ) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The sun is setting on this one I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                                The admins are watching this carefully for 2 reasons ..... We are considering a folder similar to Charvel Cetral where you can air your bad deals without worrying about banning (Provided it's done intelligently and respecfully)
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why would you ban anybody here for airing a bad deal? Yeah, a special section would be nice but until then where do we put them? If the argument gets out of hand just do what you've always done and tell them to take it to email and kill the thread. If they persist maybe ban 'em.......but where do you draw the line? I can see you watching this thread closely but what's the point? Then again, it's probably because I don't see the big picture, but what I do see is some forum administrators who seem to think they need to carefully watch a board like this one and make sure nobody gets in a little scuffle or says bad words like SH!T or F*CK. (damned swear filters!) C'mon guys, this is the JCF, not sunday school! Let's hash it out if we need to! It's all verbal isn't it?
                                OK, got that off my chest, you guys have a great evening! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X