With much trepidation. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: With much trepidation. . .

OK, I just got the pic from the seller. He informewd me that this pic was taken by the buyer and that the buyer should be able to confirm that.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KMaynard:
      The admins are watching this carefully for 2 reasons ..... We are considering a folder similar to Charvel Cetral where you can air your bad deals without worrying about banning (Provided it's done intelligently and respecfully)
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why would you ban anybody here for airing a bad deal? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ask Word.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

1) Word is not banned. He is suspended..
        2) He was suspended for a different reason than he tells you. (a clear case of you believing only one side of the story)
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Well, I don't know nor do I care why word was suspended but if I can no longer come here and state how I feel in an adult manner then I don't care if I get banned or suspended or whatever. Trouble makers should get banned, but not people just being honest.

Comment

Ok, Mark. Here's my civil, hopefully tactful response to your above post. #1 as to the added floyd thing- a)It is clearly professionally done. b) I was told by the forum member I bought it from that it was factory added c)Jackson books confirm a blue floyd. d)Though clearly not as pronounced, my brand new GMW floyd gap sticks out as well. I stand by my belief that this is a correct added floyd. (see subpoint two vis a vis neck for added confirmation) #2 Broken neck lie. Hmm, since I sold this as a part's guitar I don't feel the need to break down the entire history of everything associated w/ it, despite what you may have heard to the contrary. The neck had a rosewood extension for the nut, not some carve up job. Neck was broken, I'd glued it and it was playable. I sold it and a red SD body maybe a year ago? I also had/have another kahler nutted neck I could have stuck on to be "correct", No I put the wayne neck on because as you know, real strathead necks don't fit pointy bodies. I have those occasionally too. #3 I don't think you remember things too well. I offered you $100 for said body (I'll send you the email if you like) because that's what you said it was now worth, needing I think you said $400 to $900 in repair work from GMW? #4 I never offered to give back the whole amount. I said any refunds either whole or in part, would require return of said guitar, whole or in part. I said that after you rudely emailed me threatening to trash me on the JCF to use your words (a threat you reiterated last night, again I'll send the emails to anyone who wants to see them) I also said anything would require some time as I have a family and I don't make my living off this stuff. They are toys to me frankly #5 As to the lawyer, Slander is a very real thing. Though you've noted I don't post much lately, I've been at this forum from the beginning, close to 3 years ago. Frankly, there isn't that much interesting going on most of the time that I feel the need to post much to, but I do enjoy visiting and surfing here. I value my reputation and I DO NOT RIP PEOPLE OFF. That has been insinuated, but it truly is news to me. Any complaints please step up and I promise I will address them w/ respect. However, Mr. Watson, You directly threatened to "trash me to the JCF", which alone could constitute legal action. Why would I get a lawyer over a $700 deal? It would cost me more than that. But if my reputation is unfairly sullied on a public forum, well that would cost someone else a hell of a lot more. The admins know this hence their desire to keep this civil, which I wholeheartedly agree. Finally, #6, coming to KC to give me a beatin? I know you didn't threaten violence, but why did you bring this into the conversation? May I suggest this is not a good idea, especially since you've never seen me. It's just not wise and it elevates this to a very stupid level. My offer stands. For $100 dollars, send me either the Anderson H2+ pickup in working order, the offending body worth this amount per you, or $300 for the neckplate, which is $110 more than you told me that was worth.
            Now I know I sound kind of like a dick today guys. I assure you I'm not, but frankly this whole affair has upset me quite a bit. Mark, I will be honest w/ you, I believe you are sincere and that you feel you got the raw end of a deal. I can honestly say I'd probably be as pissed as you apparently are. However, I believe the case is made, at least to my conscience, that you got exactly what is advertised, and frankly a nice playing sounding and looking "parts" guitar. If you really hate it, I'm sure you'd get way more than $700 on ebay or maybe even from another forum member, though I suspect all this thread and your various emails to your unnamed friends who trashed me to you hagve tainted it's taste somewhat. Peace and love to all. Clark out for now.

Comment

Clark seems like a stand up guy to me and considering the looks of things in that pic I think his offer to Mark is fair. That's not a hack job by any means, hell you outa see some of mine! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              And in case anyone's wondering....no, I don't know Clark or Mark personally so my opinion is totally unbiased.

Comment

Okay, I will tell you what.

That route looks a HELL of alot better than the factory route on my 650XL.

If you want rid of that guitar, I would be MORE than happy to trade you my 650XL in vintage white for it if I saw some more pics.

It was to my understanding we were not allowed to talk about banned, suspended people, unless they could come and post?

It is to my clear understanding that even my other post, I was out of line, when I did not think I was, it seems we have to watch very carefully what we say, or name calling and fighting can and will easily result. We do not need to fight amongts ourselves, So I do see the reason behind the admins cautioning everyone to be cool about it, because in all honesty, I do not want banned, and I am sure you guys do not. We can talk more than guitars on these boards.

Okay, that route looks good from what I have seen. If you want, post more pics, and we can work out a trade, but only if the details are clearly listed on the board.

Hey Kevin, that idea you mentioned, the other chapter of the thread, can we maybe have a seller rating system? I mean, not like an Ebay feedback thing, but like, you have a transaction number, and a rating number. The transactions just mean how many you have had, like 10 would be ten, Duh, you know.

Then your rating number, transactions are rated 1-5, and like its based upon pretty much the over all deal, well represented, shipped timely, good correspondence.

I think the 24 hour return idea is ONLY good if you are willing to pay shipping BOTH ways, and pay ANY paypal fees or whatever.

I mean, most people who are for real about a guitar, and are selling want to buy other things, and once they get the money, they cannot wait a week and a day to see if a person wants it, or then even longer if they do not want it. Then again, if an item is represented propperly, there should be none of that.

And also, you would have to NOT send things back for buyers remorse.

If you smoked a bag of crack, bought a guitar that was advertised properlly, then you eat the loss if you don't want it.

That, or you could just list everything on ebay if that above rating system would not work.

Comment

ahh an idea for another good thread...

Terms of a sale, and inspection period, and resonable reasons for returning a guitar
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

From the photo that looks like a pretty good route job.

If that really is THE problem in the deal then it seems to be unfounded.

Just my 3.14 cents...

Comment

I will get some better pics Wednesday of the route. I have 12 Jacksons (85-88) and none of those routes are visable under the Floyd. I back-route my cavities so I can pull up farther, but the Floyd still covers them. And this is not buyers remorse, as I said, I wanted a Charvel 1 hum and plate. And just because some of you have bad routes, doesn't make it right. If you route was wrong, the manufacturer should have taken care of it for you.

Comment

ahh an idea for another good thread...

Terms of a sale, and inspection period, and resonable reasons for returning a guitar
                        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Wow, this is going to get interesting. I remember not too long ago about a post from a guy who bought something from you, saying he had a bad deal with you, but I don't remember who it is offhand. Good luck resolving everything.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's news to me. What was it about. I've not made many deals before, just pickups and stuff. You sure they're talking about me? s

Comment

I thought I read that in some post, someone wanted to know where you'd been and metioned something about a bad deal, IIRC. I guess do a search on the guy's posts to see.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thats BS, you sent me info as well & thanks for it. it seems the buyer is being an ass from what uve said. it is what you said it was & both agreed on a price DONE DEAL. i know when u sent me info you were clear that the OFR was added & that its was a parts guitar. i honestly thought what u were asking was fair but i just needed the body

Comment

Working...
                                X