With much trepidation. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: With much trepidation. . .

Another note: That route could be plugged and re-routed and could be made to look correct (from the outside anyway). It would require a complete refin to look good but it could be done if someone wanted it bad enough.
    AHHHH....Jim resized the pics! Thank you!!

[ October 15, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I think it's because of the position on the spring block on the regular fulcrum trem had a diffrent offset than the floyd does. Honestly, it is a pretty good clean straight route. 2 words......

Caviet Emptor (go ahead Ron, I guessed on the spelling)
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Here is my ruling strictly based on the pics and the posts made by the 2 parties only:

BUYER:
        You should be able to return the guitar and get a full refund ONLY if you DID NOT have prior knowledge to that nasty conversion route.

SELLER: If you didn't completely disclose the facts regarding the route you should be a good brother JCF'r and take the entire deal back.

BTW!!!!! All this BAN talk really stinks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Sincerely and Most Respectfully, Judge J

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
          AHHHH....Jim resized the pics! Thank you!!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Look again.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Sorry about that guys. I was busy when those came in, so I just uploaded them direct and posted them before they were even done uploading. Next time I will resize.

Comment

Not a big deal at all Jim... Both sizes are more or less there. When I "resize" pictures I always link to the original.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ranalli:

Censor me, ban me, whatever...seems like any opinion that you don't agree with is "negative" or "inflammatory".

Bottom line is that there is a Judge Judy trial started right in the middle of the forum and that's fine yet.....
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no one has censored you, no one has banned you, and the fact that your post remains is testament to the fact that we don't delete things that we simply disagree with. i'd love to see how you've been censored here... you haven't been.

no one has said that the judge judy trial is fine; we've made it pretty clear that this is something we're watching closely. this was kind of a test of sorts to see how these things could be handled out in the open. i'd say it's gone like silk, wouldn't you?

fact remains that certain conduct is expected here. yes, you have the ability to speak your mind here, but the "get off your high horse" is totally uncalled for. feel free to disagree, but there's a certain amount of respect that any mod or admin deserves. while kev's thoughts are no more important that anyone else's, and no one here is better than anyone else, he IS an admin, and deserves that respect. feel free to disagree with anything any of us say, but i'd do it with a bit more tact. it's just like your dad, to an extent; while you're living under his roof... i think you can fill in the rest.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i think we as the forum have passed this experiment. not with an "A", but we have passed. i think the admins should make a new topic header just for jcf members to air our grievances amongst ourselves. but at the same time the members should remember that they need to conduct themselves in a proper manner. if a thread gets out of hand admin should be allowed to step in. at the same time the rest of us if not directly involved may post opinions if asked for but should not criticize admin if they have to get involved. the two parties involved in this disagreement may not come to terms, but i think this particular situation has made the forum see that we need a place to discuss these type of transactions between board members. what do you say admin a new topic header possibly? just my $.02. i'm off my soapbox.

Comment

Mudkicker .. it's already in the works ..
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Let's not forget that the admins. are people too and as such are also entitled to their personal opinions as well as you or I.
                      None of us are always right and most of us react emotionaly which is not neccesarily right or wrong.
                      Sometimes the line gets blurred as to where or which position the admins are coming from leading to confusion for some members.
                      I think they are doing a great job and do not envy them in any way for performing in this capacity.
                      I myself do not think we need a seperate file for dirty laundry. If there had been proper communication between both parties this probably would have never happened, alltho differences are bound to arise from time to time.
                      I believe this thread and experience has become a learning experience for all of us and hope the two parties can come to an amicable agreement

Comment

ranalli,

I want to say a couple of things here ..

1) I apologise for the comment about the swear filter.. I mixed 2 different posts up here and it wasn't you who brought that up ....

2) I'd like to address you attitude and why I've "picked on you" as you would believe..

This statement

I agree wholeheartedly...I love visiting this board but it's like friggin sunday school censorship every time a few words or said or a dispute of some kind is discussed. How lame. If wanted everything to be censored like on Sesame St. I'll head over on to the Les Paul forum or PRS.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I take my duties as admin here very seriously. This comment set me off simply because it isn't true. If it was true you would not be allowed to post the remarks you have posted here today without it being deleted. I take it personally when me or any other admin are treated like we treat the members or this board disrespecfully ..We don't do it .. we do the best we possibly can ..maybe not always with the most popular vote but still ..

When I'm addressing an issue and a member (in this case you) posts out of the blue regarding what I'm talking about in a derogatory manner I take it as a personal attack or a "flame" I honestly believe the Sesame St comparision was not only disrespecful, it makes each admins duties here comical in your remarks .. I don't appreciate it ..

What does this mean is simple... you don't post in this thread ..and then when you do it is a pointed post about how the admins run the board... To me that looks like your starting trouble ...

I also take offense to the fact that you throw the so called "Banning" issue around like spare change .. I never once threatened to ban you or even mentioned it regarding your issue and it was childish to even bring that up. I can honestly say it's almost as if your challenging me to ban you ... You have made a point of making it sound like I'm attacking you without merit and your pure in this whole thing .. Well that isn't further from the truth and to be honest, You don't HAVE to feel any respect for me .. but on this board you WILL abide by the rules just like anyone else ..whether you agree with them or not .
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          Wow, this is going to get interesting.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See, I told you this was going to get interesting.
                          Yeah, Joe, you're right... very interesting indeed. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

after reading the last few pages of this thread I wouldn't mind sseeing this one magically disappear [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The route isn't right but did you see that before purchasing?
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I never saw the route without the Floyd on. I didn't ask for better pics, and none were offered. In the end, it is my problem, but we should not have to worry about stuff like this when buying from each other here. A total newbie would have known that route was not right and let the buyer know that something was funny with it. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, Mark, I assume you got the JT6 posts I sent? I didn't hear back from you, so I assume you did.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X