Soloist vs Dinky Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist vs Dinky Size

Since the other thread got deleted in the small technical meltdown the forum had a year or so ago I figured I'd start another in lieu of the most recent argument facebook.

Same size, folks...unless you compare some 22 fretters with some 24 fretters as shown in the first pic.
    There's a reason Jackson sells a one size fits all Dinky/Soloist case, in which both my Dinky and Soloist fit identically.

These pics are of my 2011 MIJ arch top DKMGT and my 2008 USA flat top SL2HT. So, country of manufacture makes no difference, nor does an arch top.
    If you click the pic you should get a bigger size. Imagebucket only allows up to a 300x300 thumbnail, but it's the easiest, quickest site I've found to use.

22 vs 24

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Hail yesterday

Comment

Surprised you didn't quash all dissenters by cutting out the cardboard silhouettes and stacking them on top of each other.

Comment

I actually thought about that, but I figured someone would say I trimmed them to make them identical.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Curse the unbelievers.

Comment

I traced them out on large art project paper a few years ago and posted pics. In different colors, so folks could see they overlap identically. People still didn't believe it. LOL

24 fret Soloist = 24 fret Dinky, same for the respective 22s. They are the same body shape and sizes, folks.
            Last edited by shreddermon; 06-02-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Ahhh, I forgot who started the original post and should've mentioned it wasn't my idea.

Like most things I do, mine are pretty crude. Whenever I start something I'm always thinking 'how fast can I get this done?'

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Whenever I start something I'm always thinking 'how fast can I get this done?'
                Me too. Only reason I thought to do it on the art paper was that my kids were using that stuff for school projects at the time. LOL

Comment

Check out this Fender bullshit.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Idiots. In the early '90s the Soloist was streamlined and the Dinky was born.
                  Last edited by Mudlark; 06-02-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Technically they enlarged the body because the Dinky doesn't have a neck running through it.

Comment

dinky=soloist≠strat...done

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        Check out this Fender bullshit.
                        Idiots. In the early '90s the Soloist was streamlined and the Dinky was born.
                        Yeah, it's sad when a company doesn't even know it's own history or product design like that.

Comment

I don't understand that picture, unless it's meant to have a different caption on the page. They're babbling about the DK-1 and then show some weird necked Duncan HSS guitar with no binding, an Ashy Larry rosewood fb and something other than USA under the logo.....

Comment

It's a custom shop Dinky, not DK1. It has both the "made in USA" and "custom shop" logos.

Comment

In a world with plenty of Fender hate I usually stand up for them, but my feelings are changing.
                              If they aren't interested in hiring someone with knowledge of the brand they may as well give it up.

After some looking into their customer service openings it quickly became clear to me knowledge of the brand means nothing. They simply want someone to answer telephones and emails and read off of the tiny piece of paper that contains a tiny bit of information. My understanding is they want a pretty little girl in short skirt with a pretty little voice.

Basically, a call center employee is sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                              X