No announcement yet.

Anyone want Vai's custom Pink Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want Vai's custom Pink Soloist?

I came accross it while browsing and found out the price - $15000! Proceeds go to 911, and if you really love him and Jacksons, it's a one off I guess.....I'm going to leave it as I want to keep my wife so here's the link:
    http://rockstarsguitars.com/pages/vai.htm
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Anyone want Vai\'s custom Pink Soloist?

$15000 and it doesn't even have shark fins???? What a gip! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That been for sale for awhile. I wonder what it will sell for?
      www.kiddhavok.com
      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

"...This is one of Steve's favorite guitars..." [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] He hasn't used it in years. In fact, in a magazine article in the past year or so, he basically hacked on sampling a new snakeskin SL2H. ...cough...Ibanezwh*re...cough... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd love to have that axe. But not for $15k. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] They've had it up for sale before, too.

Also, you'll notice the language for the 911 thing was chosen carefully. ("a donation will be made to the New York Firefighters 9-11 Disaster Relief Fund from the sale of this guitar") i.e., Not the whole $15k, just some part of it. I'll bet it's pretty small.

[ October 15, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

"... your money is going toward a great cause."

Yea, right to his wallet. Whats going to the FD... $1.50?!?? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

You know when they don't mention an amount, it's gotta be minimal.

Comment

I've got a UV7PWH here with his signature on the backplate for a hell of a lot less than $15K! You've gotta be a huge Vai fan to spend that much money on one of his guitars. Still, I'm sure someone will pony up the dough at some point.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I could always send my SL Pro off to be pinkied if I wanted a pink guitar that played great [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

God how I hate these "Rock Star Owned" sales - like the fact they owned it makes it better than any other model? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Doesn't make it any better... just makes it worth more. Still $15K is steep.
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  I could always send my SL Pro off to be pinkied if I wanted a pink guitar that played great [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

God how I hate these "Rock Star Owned" sales - like the fact they owned it makes it better than any other model? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whatsamatta... Newc-owned axes not commanding the respect they deserve?!? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes indeed, i think its a bit overpriced
                    Even Steve's Neville and Red Lace and even PIA only sold for around a 1/3 of that price....

I cant see it bringing in close to that amount..

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!!!! 15 freaking grand!?!?!? I don't want to hear another solitary word about Dave Mustaine overcharging for his Y2KVs. Good cause, ludicrous price.....
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:

Yea, right to his wallet. Whats going to the FD... $1.50?!?? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You don't KNOW a thing about how much he'd donate, you only SUSPECT, and that suspicion is colored because he plays Ibanez rather than Jackson, I suspect.

$15,000.00 is ludicrous of course, but they'll probably gradually drop the price until someone bites. Personally a pink guitar says chick or poofter to me. Since I am neither, it ain't for me, not at a tenth the price.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You don't KNOW a thing about how much he'd donate, you only SUSPECT, and that suspicion is colored because he plays Ibanez rather than Jackson, I suspect.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Of course I don't know. My suspcion is colored because of the fact that there is no mention of a dollar amount.

It has been my experience that usually, when someone or some organisation is being charitable, the say something along the lines of " $1.00 from every stuffed animal goes toward the .."bla..bla.." or.. "%10 of all proceeds go to..." ect..

So.. when there's no mention of an actual figure I tend to view it with a certain amount of skepticism.

But it is true, I don't know if it's $1.00 or $1000.00.. I just personaly assume it'll be closer to the former.

[ October 18, 2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

I thought that sold in the original auction which was benefiting his charity. Are you sure he is even the one selling it here?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whatsamatta... Newc-owned axes not commanding the respect they deserve?!? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EXACTLY! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X