Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any JCF Brothers in/near Desplaines, Illinois ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any JCF Brothers in/near Desplaines, Illinois ???

Won a guitar on eBay and sent a money order two weeks ago. Have heard nothing from the seller and he won't respond to email. I may need a little help.

Re: Any JCF Brothers in/near Desplaines, Illinois ???

Sorry, I just broke my Bauer 3030 Supreme over some guy wearing a Florida Marlins jersey...
    Occupy JCF

Comment

How close is that to Indianapolis, and was the guy's name Don?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
        Won a guitar on eBay and sent a money order two weeks ago. Have heard nothing from the seller and he won't respond to email. I may need a little help.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Has the money order been cashed yet? You can check it by calling the company that issued it and giving them the number printed on the receipt. If its too late to place a stop payment on it, they may be able to help you out with information on where it was cashed, by whom, on what date, etc. That sucks; good luck.

GDB

Comment

Definitely start collecting paperwork today. If it was a Postal M.O., go to the P.O. and ask for form 6401 - request for copy of money order. If it has not been cashed, they'll kill it and issue a refund. If it has been cashed, they'll get you a copy of it with the endorsement.
          It takes a while (been waiting a week or more on mine for that Explorer bass), so get started now. The guy could be having legitimate trouble, or he could be yanking your chain.
          Look him up online and try to get a phone number. If he gave you a phone number in your email or other correspondence, call it but not harassingly so (he can tag you for phone abuse, and you lose your phone). Call once a week and leave a message stating the Ebay item number, the item description, and the money order's serial number, and sternly request that he contact you immediately.
          If you don't hear from him in 2 weeks, go to www.ifccfbi.gov and fill out an Internet Fraud Complaint against the guy, then hit the Postal Inspector's site http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/ and fill one out on him there, then contact the BBB of Illinois, the Des Plaines District Attorney, the Illinois State Attorney General, and the local newspaper.
          Ask about taking out a full-page ad in the Sunday paper (EVERYONE gets a Sunday paper - for the comics and sales ads). Also try for a Wednesday ad - grocery ads for the coming weekend are usually run then. Put the whole deal in the ad and name names, give specific details, and basically present it like you would present a court case - just the facts. No name-calling, no personal attacks, and no "Or else".
          You can't call the guy a thief, but you can present documentation that DOES state he received money and did not deliver the agreed-upon item. This is the same as calling him a thief, because everyone reading the ad will say to themselves "Well, then, that guy's a thief!"

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Greg, do you have an auction link? I hope you didn't spend a lot, hate to see the bros get taken. If it was a USPS Money Order you have a better chance of getting your $ back, best of luck.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Big problems like these are why I dont sell or buy on ebay anymore.

Comment

Luckily it wasn't much money but it was a total theft-job on the auction win. I have a feeling he doesn't want to sell it that cheap. Here's the auction, 1984 USA Graphic Dean Baby ML:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=41435&rd=1

Comment

God I hate the edit timeout thing, it's way too short...........

Make that a Baby Z

[ October 16, 2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
                    Big problems like these are why I dont sell or buy on ebay anymore.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, don't blame ebay for it...it's part of the game. If you buy or sell on-line long enough you're going to get burned a few times. I have almost 2,800 eBay transactions under my belt in the last three years and I've been burned maybe a dozen times.... and so far none of them were for anything high dollar. That's not too damned bad imho. I do take a lot of extra precautions on big dollar items though, whether buying or selling. Don't ever quit, just get smarter!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sorry, that response didn't address this thread but I just had to preach a little! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      About the money order, either a bank m.o. or a postal m.o. is traceable. Check to see if it has been cashed and if so by whom. I'd start there and find out who has your money (if anyone) and then go after them. If it has not been cashed or deposited there isn't much you can do yet except in the case of a bank m.o., which you can stop payment on.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Track him down, Greg. I'm sure you read his eBay negative: "Aug-01-03 16:41:59 PDT
                        Item #2528568559
                        Complaint: STOLE MY MONEY & RAN,FRAUD,LIAR AND THIEF. BLOCKED MY EMAILS &CUT OFF HIS PHONE"

Time to unleash the hounds...
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hey Sully send me your nut noose im goin in. Well i know where Des Plaines is anyway. Right next to Skokie. Heheheh
                          That sux dude. Maybe the chicago JCFrs should go rough him up a bit. some of Jeremy's frends are pretty big. Well then theres me Im pretty big too. So hmmmmm maybe. We go kick his arse, and get the geeter from the sorry bunch of craptacular waiste of a human.
                          Did US deans have the small (shrimp fork) head stock? I thought the US stuff had the big headstock. and the imports had the small head.
                          Gil

Comment

In the end(1984) they had all gone to the "shrimp-fork" headstock. There were actually 4 different headstocks from the original USA Dean years, 1977-84. There are approximately the same number of original USA Deans as there are San Dimas Charvels.

Seriously, these are the headstock names people know them as:

1977 only : "BFH" (Big F'ing Headstock)
                            1978-mid 81: Big Headstock(like on new Dean 79-series)
                            mid 81-83: Modern V headstock(same as current Deans)
                            1984(some 83 Baby's): Shrimp-fork Headstock

[ October 17, 2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

How do you have Ebay completely pull your completed listings? This guy has NO valid recent listings - you click the links for his two recent feedbacks and they're both "Invalid Items" - but they're less than 3 months old [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              I thought Ebay left them up until after the statute of limitations to file a complaint (60/90 days?)
                              The listing for that Charvel bass I'm still chasing down was done the same way, but other items I've won and received are still up [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Maybe Ebay's pulling all listings with negative feedback? Maybe their time-limit for complaints is shorter?

Newc

[ October 17, 2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]

Comment

Working...
                              X