Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Custom Shop Concorde My Only Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Custom Shop Concorde My Only Option?

I'd love to have a Concorde just like Randy's (white one pictured below) with the block inlays, vintage trem, etc, and wanted to know if the custom shop model is my only option. Thanks.

You can't order one from the custom shop; your best bet is to watch ebay and reverb for the Concorde relics that they did a few years ago.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I was referring to the Custom Shop model that came out a while back (on the used market). Again, is that the only option? And if so, what are the options for the black one he's playing in the photo above? Thanks.

Comment

Again, that's the only option.

Comment

The Rhoads he's playing should be easy to order today through the Custom Shop, but I'm not sure if those smaller shark fin inlays are still an option. Possibly?
          The current RR1 would be the similar model to the black one.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

Comment

The black one was issued for a while as the players choice Rhoads PCS back around 1992-93 in catalogs on the exact same specifications.

It was limited production but some are most likely to show up now and then for sale. You could costum order a PCS Rhoads or orignal Rhoads as they called them in the years after and I did that. It became RR2772 and I know since it was on Ebay RR2795 is also one. Maybe you can still order a black one like it with original specs. Though the logo might be different from what we see Randy had. I got a small gold logo on RR2772 for whatever reason.
              What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Ah, yes.
                I was under the impression the original script logo was an option on the Custom Select form, but after checking, it isn't.

So, unless it's a Master Build option, that spec may be tough.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Why not send Grover an email and get a GJ2 concorde?

Comment

Working...
                  X