Neck thru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck thru's

Was just in the guitar center in Toledo this morning. They have a used charvel and a used Jackson on the rack. $250 apiece. Jackson had a finished neck Charvel neck was bare. The charvel could see a good setup as it was a little buzzy.... Just passing on what seemed to be a couple good deals
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

I am assuming you mean these two:

For greater savings check out our Used Jackson SLXQ Soloist Solid Body Electric Guitar and get a great deal today!

Save money on Used Charvel gear at Guitar Center. All pre-owned items are rated and scored. Buy online or at your local store today!

The price for the SLXQ is about average and on par for its Indonesian manufacture. The DC-2 is overpriced for Chinese manufacture.

In my opinion, USD$249 + tax is better spent on any of the below used Japanese guitars, which aren't terribly difficult to find:
    • Charvel Model Series from the late 1980s
    • Charvel "toothpaste logo" from the early 1990s
    • Jackson Professional Series from the early 1990s to late 2011-ish

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      In my opinion, USD$249 + tax is better spent on any of the below used Japanese guitars, which aren't terribly difficult to find:
      • Charvel Model Series from the late 1980s
      • Charvel "toothpaste logo" from the early 1990s
      • Jackson Professional Series from the early 1990s to late 2011-ish

^ Agree... you're better off finding one of these, even though the price will likely be considerably more than $249. MIJ is cream of the crop compared to Chinese, Indonesian, Indian, etc...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        even though the price will likely be considerably more than $249.
        In my observations of the Canadian classifieds market, this statement is true of the higher end Japanese Jacksons/Charvels. For example, it's rare-to-unlikely to see a Model 5, Model 6, 550XL, 650XL, 750XL, Soloist Pro, Rhoads Pro, Fusion Pro, Warrior Pro, Kelly Pro, etc. for USD$249 (a little over CAD$300). Because let's face it... if I see a Model 6, Soloist Pro, or a 750XL for CAD$300, I am tripping over my own mother in a bid to grab it.

USD$249 is more typical of a Model 1, Model 2, Model 3, Model 4, 275, 375, 475, Soloist Std, Rhoads Std, DK2, DKMG, WRMG, KE3, RR3, etc. These are the ones I find in abundance and share quite often in the Efraid forum: https://www.jcfonline.com/forums/16-E-fraid-of-E-bay

Comment

Working...
        X