Soloist/SL 24.75" scale models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist/SL 24.75" scale models?

Does anyone know of any 24.75" scale soloist/SL models aside from the Japan-only Jackson Soloist Jr. (1991 catalogue)?

edit: specifically non-carved top, HS or HSS models with a Floyd.
    Last edited by Jr.; 09-02-2017, 11:57 PM.

The SLAT-Q's are 24.75. Great guitars. I have a SLAT-QH and it's awesome. Made in USA.
    Heath

Comment

I'm not a fan of short scale guitars, the only one that comes to mind is the SLS. Charvel 750xl? I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        I'm not a fan of short scale guitars, the only one that comes to mind is the SLS. Charvel 750xl? I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.
        Do you have any more info on the SLS? Jackson or Charvel? Year? Country of manufacture? Cheers.

Comment

Last edited by Jr.; 09-03-2017, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know much about any of the short scales. I've owned a USA Fusion (bolt on) and a 750xl (MIJ neckthru).

Here's a USA SLS Custom on Reverb.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The '90s Soloist Archtop Professional is also short scale. That's similar to the 750XL with a thinner body. The Mark Morton Dominion is,
              short scale, too.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There are not many 24.75 scale Jacksons . The slatqh is not 24.75 the production model is 25.5. The only HS or HSS models are the fusion models. They are bolt on neck and the USA neck are very thin. There are others but all have HH setup. You have the Jackson arch top pro the charvel 750xl the mark Morton dominion the new Marty Friedman and the 2004/5 Jackson SLS 22 fret with flat bridge not the tom style.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
                  There are not many 24.75 scale Jacksons . The slatqh is not 24.75 the production model is 25.5. The only HS or HSS models are the fusion models. They are bolt on neck and the USA neck are very thin. There are others but all have HH setup. You have the Jackson arch top pro the charvel 750xl the mark Morton dominion the new Marty Friedman and the 2004/5 Jackson SLS 22 fret with flat bridge not the tom style.
                  I'm sure the man with two 24.75" CS Soloists should know. And you have five Archtop Pros? Awesome!

Comment

I was looking and couldn't find what I wanted so I ordered a CS . The other was bought used off the forum. They are very similar both 22 fret one hard tail and the other with a Floyd. Yes five and took forever to get them . Just missing one cherry sunburst and would have all four colors.
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I was going to order a short scale 22 fret Soloist with a Kahler Pro but not with that Masterbuilt charge. That sucks!! I really want one. I do however own a Jackson Fusion H-H Professional made in Japan from the early 90`s. Danged skinny neck!!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        I was going to order a short scale 22 fret Soloist with a Kahler Pro but not with that Masterbuilt charge. That sucks!! I really want one. I do however own a Jackson Fusion H-H Professional made in Japan from the early 90`s. Danged skinny neck!!
                        Yeah I really hate Charvel/Jackson bolt-on necks due to the thinness. There's only one Japan-only model I've played that I've liked; I've tried SDKs and Dinkys, but never a Fusion. As for CS I noticed that massive upcharge for a 24.75" scale - no thanks. With that upcharge alone, one can buy a killer guitar with some change left over.

Comment

Working...
                        X