help needed in wiring jackson kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed in wiring jackson kelly

My son has a jackson kelly with 2 jackson epoxy humbuckers, 1 tone, 1 volume, 1 3-way switch. His friend was messing with the wiring and screwed it up. I've looked up countless wiring diagrams and none of them seem to be the right ones. the pickups have a red wire, a white wire a green/grey wire, a black wire, a bare wire and there seems to be a seperate black wire coming out of each pickup hole bored into the body. Can anyone help me with the correct way to rewire it back to the factory way????

The lone black wires are grounds from the shielding paint in the pickup cavities to the shielding paint in the control cavity.

The bare wires are the pickup plate grounds.

The colored wires from the pickup are the coil wires.
    If I'm not mistaken, they still follow Seymour Duncan color coding, so the red+white together will be the coil split, while the black from the pickup will be the primary hot output. The grey/green should be the "other" hot. If the pickups are out of phase when used together, this is the wire you would swap with the black wire to fix that.

The black wires from the pickups go to the switch. The center of the switch goes to the free lug of the volume pot. The middle lug of the volume goes to the tone. The tone goes to the jack.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank You So Much!

Comment

Working...
      X