it sucks to say this, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it sucks to say this, but...

This board is on it's last legs. I've been here since day one...actually before that from the ezboard days. It's been a second home to me. I don't post a lot, but I visit nearly daily, and have watched the steady decline of users that use this place. I'm sad now lol
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Bump to keep it alive.

Comment

Nobody running this board gives a shit. And hasn't. For a long, long time.

It wouldn't take much to make this place mobile friendly either.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It'd be a shame to loose it. There's nothing, anywhere, that contains even .5% the amount of info buried in these threads.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

^ Agreed. I've learned so much about mine and other Charvel's here. Don't be a debbie downer and post here more often then OP!

Comment

Wow, that would suck. I don't post a lot, but I read it every day...

Comment

I GREATLY prefer JCF instead of posting on guitar-related Facebook groups. We are more like a family here and our collective wisdom is unmatched, coupled with the 15+ years of posts to secure our track record.

I will say this about Facebook though. You cannot beat the speed and volume of responses on Facebook. Need to ask a dumb/quick question? You'll probably get a faster response on Facebook guitar group than on a traditional guitar forum. You'll often get SEVERAL responses too, with each response helping to corroborate the others (provided the information provided is correct).

Comment

I much prefer forums over Facebook. So much so that I deleted my Facebook account five years ago. It surprises me that the gun forums stay so active, but most other types of forums have died at the hands of Twitter, Facebook and the like. I'm not attached to a cell phone, so I still do my posting from a PC, and I'm sure that's part of what's kept me clinging on.

I've been here a while, and I always like seeing posts by you guys. There are some on here who are keeping the dream alive.

Comment

I could ask the same of you? LOL
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Nobody running this board gives a shit. And hasn't. For a long, long time.

It wouldn't take much to make this place mobile friendly either.
                    login redirect doesn't work either. I used to stay logged in. Now I have to log in each time and get an error message and then have to click into the forum. Not a biggie, but no one's paying attention. No one's maintaining the place
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                      I've been here since day one...actually before that from the ezboard days.
                      There are 4 of us in this thread with the same start date - Nov 2002. When the board software changed
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        ... but no one's paying attention. No one's maintaining the place
                        Yeah, this place could be a lot more active, but nobody is putting any effort into the forums. It literally hasn't changed since the first customizations were lost due to a crash sometime around 05-07ish. This is about as vanilla vBulletin gets. No itrader plugin, no mobile plugin...
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

After 3 years or so of platinum, I wised up. I remember talking about building a part of the forum to host patches from modellers and such. Got some "we can work on that" type response, then.... well, look around.

Comment

I am on FB and requested to join the J/C group probably 6 months ago, and never heard a peep.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I use to spend more time on here from the early days until not long ago, but it doesn`t feel the same. It`s like that on a lot of boards now. It was fun selling and trading guitars and gear for really good prices as well. We all use to give Bro deals to each other and now the prices are so high on things as well. I still come on almost everyday but most a ton of the regulars are gone now as well. I remember when you couldn`t blink your eyes and you got answers to qustions or the classifides blew up with new ads and cool stuff. The classifides on here use to be the best!! I use to buy, sell and trade weekly, sometimes daily.

Comment

Working...
                              X