it sucks to say this, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    there's a lack of reading & comprehension there too. Someone will ask for help identifying a guitar. There'll be the usual scattergun approach of throwing out ideas because respondents aren't sure either. Then a couple of people with a clue will post the model name. Others will corroborate and expand with more information. The guitar has been successfully identified. Onlookers have gained some education. We all move on. And then a couple of days later, some clown will ignore all previous conversation and post with authority a completely wrong answer.

I guess that would happen here too. People would call them on it and you'd get a "sorry, I didn't read the other posts/pages before responding"
    Dude- read the thread. We already covered that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
      Dude- read the thread. We already covered that.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don give up the ship! Jacksons and Charvels are the Porsche 911 Turbos, Ferraris and Lamborghinis of the guitar world.

Comment

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
            Don give up the ship! Jacksons and Charvels are the Porsche 911 Turbos, Ferraris and Lamborghinis of the guitar world.
            I've always described my Charvels & Jacksons as the assault rifles of guitars.

Comment

Rifles? Yeah I guess over there, they're like jewelry or something? Meanwhile in other parts of world we don't adore weapons.
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                Rifles? Yeah I guess over there, they're like jewelry or something? Meanwhile in other parts of world we don't adore weapons.
                I always thought of my Charvels as hot rods & Jacksons as sports cars
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Some just got sick of putting the time in out of love and dealing with nothing but bullshit.
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Feels like this place is busier than before this thread was created.

Comment

• Haven’t posted in years, simply little of value to add.:dunno: I kinda faded a bit since I gotten into the 7 strings only, and at the time Jackson didn’t really make any.

Had my ke-7r’s etc. Still stopped by every now and then to catch up on things, as I remember this place and the vast knowledge shared really made alot of difference in my own development as a guitar player.

imo this place still has a lot more relevance than some shout your irrelevant opinion here fb group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                        Good thing or your abused women would start firing back http://www.nzherald.co.nz/family-vio...ectid=11634543

doesn’t belong in the thread am I right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vass View Post
                          Good thing or your abused women would start firing back http://www.nzherald.co.nz/family-vio...ectid=11634543

doesn’t belong in the thread am I right?
                          Some shocking statistics in that article.

"If all incidents were reported, they would have attended at least 525,000 calls for help."

IF they reported all incidents, police would be investigating more than half a million instances of domestic violence per year. Amazing figure & clearly a serious problem.

But here is a telling stat. Of those more than half a million instances:

"On average 13 women and 10 men are killed each year as a result of family violence."

Need to get some guns into homes to get those numbers up
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

• So is Bill Z still around?

Comment

• I remember seeing him for a bit earlier in the year/last year, then he seems to have disappeared.

Comment

• Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the type of music Charvel/Jackson players tend to listen to (traditional hard rock/metal) is dead. It's probably because the types who would seek out Charvel guitars are a dying breed and dwindling in number. People like DJs and rap these days, not guitarists. Guitars are for your slobby old fart, bald-headed, beer-bellied uncle. Just conjecturing here.

Comment

Working...
                                X