HELP!!! WTF Is This?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! WTF Is This?!?

A good friend of mine gave me this guitar and I can't seem to figure out what exactly it is. It is the original paint as far as I can tell. It is Korean made. The neck pocket and neck plate have nothing on them. The bridge has no markings either. The electronics are all original and not modded. I am not going to keep it due to a crack in the headstock by one of the tuning pegs however I was curious what it was. Looks pretty cool but again not a keeper. Going to be downsizing a ton of Fender, Gibson, Ovation, BC Rich, and a few other oddities soon. Need to raise money for my sister who is really sick.

Photobucket doesn't let you post pictures on 3rd party sites anymore unless you upgrade and pay $400

Comment

Jackson or Charvel?
      The only Korean Jacksons I know of are Performers from the '90s. Serial 10xxxxx.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

For some reason, despite Photobucket disallowing 3rd party hotlinking, I was still able to view his photos, albeit briefly. I clicked again and now I can't see them. Finicky Photobucket.

That is definitely not a Jackson nor Charvel, though I don't know what else it could be.

Comment

Usually everybody is so good at figuring it out. I figured somebody here would know. I've been doing some searching on the web all day and can't seem to find anything.

Comment

Try uploading the photos to a more reliable image hosting website, such as Imgur (my personal recommendation). More people would be able to see your photos, and hopefully someone will be able to identify what this guitar is.

I reckon you're simply getting a lack of replies only because nearly 100% of viewers cannot even view your Photobucket photos. I was able to see them briefly earlier this morning (a miracle considering Photobucket recently disabled third-party hotlinking) but haven't been able to do so since then.

Comment

I've tried twice and didn't see any pics.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                That is definitely not a Jackson nor Charvel, though I don't know what else it could be.
                Originally posted by katorocks View Post
                Usually everybody is so good at figuring it out. I figured somebody here would know. I've been doing some searching on the web all day and can't seem to find anything.
                NOTP is the only one who briefly saw the pics, and it seems he figured out it's not a J/C.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Some sort of parts guitar IMO.

Comment

I will repost pics tomorrow when I get my pc back. Thanks guys!!

Comment

It looks like an old Series10 Beginner.
                      Series10 was a brand name under the "Saint Louis Music" family of products (Alvarez/Yairi,Westone,Crate,Ampeg.)
                      They did quite a few knock offs and re-branding of factory seconds from other companies.
                      They had Bass guitars also that had that headstock and look.
                      Hope that helps.
                      I have seen these before. Only reason I chimed in.
                      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
                      X