Pic of Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) and a Jackson Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) and a Jackson Rhoads

Anyone know (or want to have fun guessing) the story behind this photo? http://www.larry-amplification.de/pi...r09.92w_RR.jpg Since the URL is Larry Amplification, I'm imagining Jon could possibly be visiting Larry's house and posing with one of his guitars.

Anyone know the model of Rhoads? The URL has 09.92 which might indicate the date, September 1992, narrowing down the countries of manufacture to USA and Japan. I don't see "Made in USA" on the headstock, nor do I see "Professional" on the headstock. Pickups look like Jackson pickups. Graphic looks like Pile O' Skulls except the skulls aren't really "piled" up so much as dispersed across an open field with a visible twilight sky.

Don't remember John owning a Jackson, but I remember that graphic on a Rhoads that Joe (Charvel750) here owned in the early 2000s like that. I believe he called it Shipwreck Island or Skull Graveyard, something similar.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The graphic does look like a variation of the skull graveyard graphic.
      No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Is there a pickguard, or rear loaded?
        Last edited by Mudlark; 11-08-2017, 07:56 AM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The weirdest thing for me is seeing Jon without a grey beard

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Don't remember John owning a Jackson, but I remember that graphic on a Rhoads that Joe (Charvel750) here owned in the early 2000s like that. I believe he called it Shipwreck Island or Skull Graveyard, something similar.
            Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            The graphic does look like a variation of the skull graveyard graphic.
            Thanks guys for pointing my in the right direction. I forgot about those graphics. I poked around on Google Images and couldn't find this precise graphic, though it seems like it combines elements of other graphics together. It might be unique and one-off.

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Is there a pickguard, or rear loaded?
            I'd guess rear-loaded, unless the pickguard was very well painted and blended with the body.

Originally posted by kamanda View Post
            The weirdest thing for me is seeing Jon without a grey beard
            Hah! For me, it's the short shorts. I guess the "earth" hasn't "iced" over yet. First and only time I saw this band perform was in 2002 and Jon was beardless then too.

Comment

Yeah, that was mine, and I sold it to someone on here about 10 years ago. I believe it was a 1989. Nice guitar, and it had those tall/skinny frets that many of the USA Rhoads of that time had. Loved that it had no pick guard.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Somebody check with user: PallarAndersVisa because I'm pretty certain that's who I sold it to...
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Charvel750, do you remember who sold it to you originally? How long did you own it before you sold it to PallarAndersVisa?

Comment

Working...
                  X