Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could make J/C build one thing for NAMM, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could make J/C build one thing for NAMM, what would it be?

Jackson or Charvel. Custom shop one off or production. USA or import. Doesn't matter, sky's the limit. I'm just curious to hear what folks would like to see at NAMM if "they were in charge"

And it'll be interesting if anyone's desires actually shows up there in real life.

Let's hear what ya got.

I'd have them make Stars, V's and Firebirds in various cool specs.

Comment

One thing. Choose only one.

See how it gets much harder, then?

Comment

I want them to make nothing even close to any of my custom orders
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I see. I read instructions too fast. Maybe a Star. At least that's not currently in Custom select. Only Masterbuild? So Star shape back as CS option.

Comment

In the same theme, but related to the brand rather than a specific guitar, I'd like to see them widen the net for Custom Select in terms of 'other' Jackson body styles - XTRR, star, Death Angel, 24 fret RR, plus 7 string options too. And in the same spirit, offer artist sig base models and allow customers to make minor tweaks (hsh Adrian Smith, custom colour PC1 or whatever).

Comment

I’d like to see the XStroyer offered as a production model and, therefore, custom select-able.

Ian, love the artist sig idea. I’d love to be able to CS option a PC1, AS, or Dimartini Dinky. That’s an idea who’s time has come.

Comment

I guess it gets difficult because the artist currently needs to 'sign off' on any custom order / changes to the model. But if they could set something up with the artists as a blanket agreement that (for example) colour changes didn't need to get approval, that would smooth the process. And I'd have thought both Jackson and the artist would rather get the money from the sale, than nothing at all..

Comment

Exactly - build in the flexibility, and more orders = more money for both J/C and the artists.

Comment

A Strat-bodied Soloist, so Neck-thru, 1H Strat-body, non-recessed Floyd, old SD-style control rout, 22 fret with ebony board, strat-head with pearloid dots AND binding,and a gold Jackson hand-script logo. Then gold tuners and knob, black OFR.

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                      A Strat-bodied Soloist, so Neck-thru, 1H Strat-body, non-recessed Floyd, old SD-style control rout, 22 fret with ebony board, strat-head with pearloid dots AND binding,and a gold Jackson hand-script logo. Then gold tuners and knob, black OFR.
                      +1, sounds good to me

Comment

Charvel has Warren DiMartini signature graphics. I'd like to see Jackson make Phil Collen graphic-series. It would be twice as cool to have them available in the original PC model from the 90's.

Comment

A Soloist with mahogany body and neck
                          3 ply neck... no scarf joint and full depth center body/neck joint
                          Pointy headstock
                          Urethane Snow White finish body and headstock
                          Natural unfinished oiled neck
                          Graphite reinforced trussrod
                          Ebony fretboard
                          Stainless frets
                          White, eurethane finished binding on neck and headstock
                          Satin chrome hardware
                          Abalone logo, 90s, 100% with thin black outline
                          Abalone “Made in USA” and “Custom Shop” on headstock
                          Abalone pirhana inlays
                          Schaller non-locking tuners and strap locks
                          Titanium OFR with Tungsten sustain block, noiseless springs and a brass claw, non recessed
                          Bareknuckle Ragnarok in bridge and Emerald in neck, natural mounted (no pup rings)
                          3 way toggle
                          Single volume (YJM 500k) set 1/2 inch closer to heel, no tone knob
                          Coil splitting switch
                          Copper shielded and grounded control cavity
                          Painted tremolo and pickup cavities
                          Planet Waves 4 contact gold plated 1/4” output jack
                          Custom Shop trussrod cover, black on white
                          Last edited by CaptNasty; 01-06-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

My wish would be for simplicity but it would be a substantial undertaking & that would be the return of the MIJ DK2M. May as well reinstate all those other awesome Jap models while they're at it.

Comment

Bring back the Warrior Pro. I'll have one in yellow pearl.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X