Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Guthrie Govan - Customisation project ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Guthrie Govan - Customisation project ?

Hi guys I bought a Guthrie Govan Charvel, the flame maple model as i just fell in love with how it plays. Ive never been a one for signature models but this one got me.

The thing is i never would have picked a guitar with plain flame maple finish, i like a dark wood guitar body myself. I am thinking of getting a Luthier i know who is series top end at what he does to stain the top and back for me, taking the back to a much darker tone and the top to a walnut type brown.

In an ideal world I would also have the pickups with cream covers. the problem there is these are custom pickups which i assume you cant just buy, let alone with a custom option like cream tops. Ive never wondered before but can plastic covers on pickups like this be swapped......by a pro of course. I know the single coil obviously can but its the two HB im thinking about. Ive sent a message to Charvel to see if they could produce me a custom set no matter what the cost.

So, apart from people thinking i'm mad for doing this....any views on customising this guitar like this, either tips or reasons not to etc.

Please dont mention re sale value, i'm really not interested in that at all, i just want it to look (in my eyes) as good as it plays and sounds.

Cheers guys.
    Matthew UK.

Why didn’t you get the ash body version? I would see if you could trade for one or sell your flame maple and then buy an ash personally. Regarding the pickups, I wouldn’t mess with them. They’re perfect sounding just live with the brown.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
    X