identify a jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify a jackson

I have or will have a jackson strat style narural wood color chrome hardware/jackson tremelo the arm is thru a cap that screws on to the tremelo the pickups are duncan designed 2 double coils open face metal plate on back with serial 8830639 I saw a picture on the wed that looked like it and it was called a dinky 10d the pawn shop called it a professional series. Dont know how to post an image i found on the web

to post an image, you can either just give the link to site where you found it. Or upload the picture to somewhere like imgur.com or imageshack. Then post that link here.

You haven't provided a lot of information to go on. It's an import. It could be a DX10D. That was in their second tier line, above the entry level JS series but below their MG series guitars which came loaded with EMG HZ pickups
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Predator View Post
      I have or will have a jackson strat style narural wood color chrome hardware/jackson tremelo the arm is thru a cap that screws on to the tremelo the pickups are duncan designed 2 double coils open face metal plate on back with serial 8830639 I saw a picture on the wed that looked like it and it was called a dinky 10d the pawn shop called it a professional series. Dont know how to post an image i found on the web
      this looks like what i put on layaway

http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/e...%5d-1896-p.jpg

http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/e...%5d-1896-p.jpg

Comment

I would concur that is the DX10D.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
          I would concur that is the DX10D.
          Me, too.

The serial is odd... should be 98xxxxx not 88xxxxx. Though, it's not the first misprint I've seen.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thats a good looking guitar!

Comment

I am not sure what i have, would be grateful for any help.

I bought a flying v in an ebay auction. I thought the guitar looked neat, or as best I could tell. It seems to be pretty clean. I have found some things that appear to be a King V or a Pro King V, but don't know enough about Jackson to know. Looking at the cutout for the tremolo, it sort of looks like it has been "frankensteined", because there appears to be a lot more cut out than any pics I have found. It has some kind of rubber patch or something in the cutout, around the tremolo as well. I have attempted to insert the link from the auction, in order to put pics up, but I don't think that is working. I am new here and don't have a clue how to get pics up. I could not get it to work going to the pic site someone else recommended. EIther way, if someone wanted to see the pics, I could email them. Not sure how to get more info up to help this out. Thanks fro any insight, or a point in the right direction of a website. I DO NOT see any serial numbers on the guitar after looking over it.

Comment

Originally posted by khodge View Post
                I bought a flying v in an ebay auction. I thought the guitar looked neat, or as best I could tell. It seems to be pretty clean. I have found some things that appear to be a King V or a Pro King V, but don't know enough about Jackson to know. Looking at the cutout for the tremolo, it sort of looks like it has been "frankensteined", because there appears to be a lot more cut out than any pics I have found. It has some kind of rubber patch or something in the cutout, around the tremolo as well. I have attempted to insert the link from the auction, in order to put pics up, but I don't think that is working. I am new here and don't have a clue how to get pics up. I could not get it to work going to the pic site someone else recommended. EIther way, if someone wanted to see the pics, I could email them. Not sure how to get more info up to help this out. Thanks fro any insight, or a point in the right direction of a website. I DO NOT see any serial numbers on the guitar after looking over it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-red...vip=true&rt=nc

Looks like heavily modded KV. Not sure of the exact model but it is an import.

Comment

Wow, those are the worst photos I've ever seen, and I applaud your bravery in buying a questionable guitar with terrible photos.

However, that price is not bad, but personally I wouldn't have bought it. Let's hope the tremolo route butchering isn't horrendous. I can't really tell, even after trying to enhance the pics on my computer. Do try to take better photos once you receive the guitar.

Here is the extent of what I can identify based on enhancing the pics.

It's a Jackson KVX10 King V neck and body.

Tremolo
                  Originally it came with a Takeuchi JT580LP tremolo, but the current tremolo is an Ibanez Edge III (http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Edge_III). I would not consider the tremolo swap to be an upgrade; in fact it may be considered a slight downgrade, as the Edge III has more detractors from the Ibanez community than does the Ibanez equivalent of the JT580LP (which is called the Takeuchi Lo-TRS: http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Lo-TRS).

Pickups
                  Originally it came with Duncan Designed pickups, but the current pickups are are Ibanez Infinity pickups (http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_pickups). Both are low-mid range pickups fitted to low-mid range Jackson/Ibanez guitars. Probably equivalent in value.

Why the previous owner chose to swap the stock bridge and pickups with the Ibanez ones is bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    Let's hope the tremolo route butchering isn't horrendous. I can't really tell, even after trying to enhance the pics on my computer.
                    Hard to tell, whatever might have been done was covered by a sticker.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks xeno, those are CSI-level photo-enhancing skills! Now that it's easier to see everything, the screws as trem posts are also not original.

In the Heart of the Young is a killer Winger album.

Comment

Yeah, I really don't get why trems were swapped like that... Would have had to dowel and then put those in just to put in a crappy trem?
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hi guys ,
                          somebody knows who this model is from Jackson guitar, ??

Where to build ?? and how much it costs??
                          Thank you for helping me

Specifications:
                          Solid body
                          Body alder
                          Neck-throu
                          Neck maple
                          Fretboard ebony
                          H-H
                          Pickup Seymour Duncan
                          Floyd rose licensed under floyd rose pats
                          24 fret
                          (Did not write the serial number ) that's the problem!!!

Last edited by Emad; 04-07-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Too many strange things on that guitar, I'd be far away.

Comment

Not a Jackson. Looks like a cheapo Chinese ripoff.

Comment

Working...
                              X