Perplexity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perplexity...

I just looked at the NAMM news, and then I went to the J/C site.

In the case of Jackson...I state that I haven't a good idea on how the market is going in the US, but to be honest, after seeing the news I'm increasingly perplexed about the brand politics of the last periods.

I'm seeing too many import models, too many signatures of artists non so very big, apart threee or four players.
    What does it mean to have FOUR Broderick USA signature models if you put out of production (for example) the mahogany Soloist??
    Same for Misha Mansoor (WhoTF is he?? I didn't know him until Jackson did his sig model)
    What's the sense of having EIGHT baritone 7 and 8 strings USA models?? Not even Ibanez get that far.
    What does it mean not to offer flamed or quilted tops leaving those only as a C.Select option with months and months of waiting if you want one??
    What does it mean to offer only black or white colors in the standard USA line??
    All "T"-bridge USA models disappeared ??!?!? Even the string-thru Rhoads??

Probably I'm thinking in a wrong way, they surely did marketing studies....or is there someone who has my same concerns??

Misha Mansoor is the guitarist for the band Periphery? And i had never heard of him before he went to Jackson neither and to this day i have never heard a song of theirs.

Comment

Money is the likely answer to most of those questions.
      People are paid to crunch numbers and then they act accordingly in hopes of profit.

I'm not fussy. Anything different from previous offerings is good for me. Even if it's only new finishes.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

No Jackson Custom Select dealers in europe although there are plenty of Fender CS dealers around. Jackson should open CS select orders through those and get more revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
          No Jackson Custom Select dealers in europe although there are plenty of Fender CS dealers around. Jackson should open CS select orders through those and get more revenue.
          I don't know in Scandinavia, but I'd just go to Thomann or Key Music if I want a CS Jackson (and this is just from the top of my head), so there being no Jackson European CS dealers isn't true
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            I don't know in Scandinavia, but I'd just go to Thomann or Key Music if I want a CS Jackson (and this is just from the top of my head), so there being no Jackson European CS dealers isn't true
            Yes Thomann has CS Select dealer exlusive run guitars listed at the moment. But no info on their website about induvidual orders.

Comment

And i have a feeling Thoman prices for custom selects would be quite high and the ones they have listed are pricey. And for the same money you can get a full custom guitar made in europe by Skervesen, Mayones, Ran and there are several others.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                And i have a feeling Thoman prices for custom selects would be quite high and the ones they have listed are pricey. And for the same money you can get a full custom guitar made in europe by Skervesen, Mayones, Ran and there are several others.
                Ordering Jackson has never been cheap. Those Polish brands don't do it for me. All of them are overpriced.

Comment

Best option would be if US would join EU so no import taxes and crap =). Now that England is leaving theres room.

Comment

Misha Mansoor is the guitarist for the band Periphery? And i had never heard of him before he went to Jackson neither and to this day i have never heard a song of theirs.
                    Yes, Periphery. Great band, but their singers have always been kinda whiny/emo-ish sounding in their clean vocals, which makes me not want to buy any of their albums. There's two other guitar players in the band besides Misha, and one of them is actually John Petrucci's nephew.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I contacted Jackson about the custom select/shop dealer issue a while ago and they directed me to fender rep in UK. And the UK representative answered me with this:

"Thanks for getting in touch!

There is actually a dealer in Finland for Jackson Custom Shop and it's Deluxe Music in Helsinki. I would recommend contacting them in regards to ordering a Jackson Custom Shop.

Any other questions, please let me know."

Not sure if this is true but might aswell ask them =)

Comment

I'll ask DLX Music about CS Selects. Jackson customer service clearly has no clue what is happening in the old continent.

Comment

I'll ask DLX Music about CS Selects. Jackson customer service clearly has no clue what is happening in the old continent.
                          I sent an email to DLX and they said that you can order a custom select from them. But apparently the wait time is 8-12 months. Not sure if he was telling the truth or not though.

They told me to fill the form from here https://www.jacksonguitars.com/custo.../select-series and then send it to them and they will be in touch with Jackson about the price and wait time.

Comment

I sent an email to DLX and they said that you can order a custom select from them. But apparently the wait time is 8-12 months. Not sure if he was telling the truth or not though.

They told me to fill the form from here https://www.jacksonguitars.com/custo.../select-series and then send it to them and they will be in touch with Jackson about the price and wait time.
                            I'm sure there is extra travel time and customs to Europe sot 8-12 months sounds right. My Custom Selects only took 5-6 months and my recent two Masterbuilts only took 12-14 months

Comment

Shipping takes a week and Customs clearance 5 minutes. I think it's just overtly cautionary estimate. If not, then it's just crapping all over us, surely

Comment

Working...
                              X