No announcement yet.

Perplexity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for checking it out - I was pondering a CS myself but I guess it's not going to happen. Got a good offer for two of my Selects, but they together would not fetch the price of one custom select

Btw MusicStore.de estimated the same ~12 months wait time right off the bat so it might be a general estimate?

But now I'm finally committed to buy that white LP Custom

Comment

I dont know the 4150 price seems kind of high to me i mean i specced the dinky with SS frets and a sparkle color but i dont think those should raise the price that much or maybe they do.

Also i dont know how much the store put on top of the price they got from Jackson but that is just too much IMO. Also the 12 months wait time is pretty long.

Comment

I'm going to assume Jackson basically doesn't make any money at all on US production, hence the move to make it essentially all semi-custom special order at this point. It's still cheaper than a custom ESP or a Suhr, etc. Which is more or less the competition for that. Aren't the masterbuilt customs essentially the price that all the custom shop stuff was before? I don't see a significant change there, other than making "semi custom" stuff have different (much lower) pricing. I think this was also to lower the build-times which were becoming excessive (some people waiting over a year maybe even two), by allowing the "non master builders" to do the custom select stuff in lieu of production models.

There are actually a ton of finish options for the current pro and x series. The MIM stuff is quite good, and while the Indonesian stuff had some QC issues at launch, it seems up to par at this point.

There are lots of artists that I don't particularly like who have signature models, and those are basically all about marketing anyway. I will say that Misha's signature models play well, and are great even if you don't like the band. I happen to think they're alright, and they've gotten reasonably big. I think the idea behind that model though was to work together on a guitar which, while it might technically be a "signature" model is also a great instrument in general and one that doesn't beat you over the heat with features that say "this is so-and-so's guitar."

My impression for the lack of masterbuilt stuff earlier in the year was that they were throwing their limited manpower behind artist customs and NAMM stuff. I think it's since opened back up. That price seems overly high to me, but I'm in the states, and my price in the past was a good $1500 or less, but once again there are many reasons for that in it's being sent around the world.
        Last edited by groverj3; 02-26-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
          Misha Mansoor is the guitarist for the band Periphery? And i had never heard of him before he went to Jackson neither and to this day i have never heard a song of theirs.
          Hey ed here's a song by them so now you heard one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmtU2WJfPgU

Comment

If you want a USA Jackson in EU, either order from a US dealer or go with a different brand, like Amfisound. They'll probably produce a nicer Jackson than Jackson.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              If you want a USA Jackson in EU, either order from a US dealer or go with a different brand, like Amfisound. They'll probably produce a nicer Jackson than Jackson.
              Amfisound makes some wicked axes!
              2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
              Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
              Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
              Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Working...
              X