Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions re: New Warrior X

Greetings!

Looking to purchase my first Jackson. I'm primarily a Gibson guy but I've always loved Jacksons from afar. I bought a used Dinky a year ago but never bonded with the shape. I love the Explorer/Destroyer shape. Looking at the new Warrior, I'm very tempted. Would most likely replace the PUPs with Dimarzio Super 2 and Super Distortion combo. I love that it's mahogany and has a thru-neck. Would prefer a Pro series but it doesn't seem like Jackson is really pursuing the upper range.

I guess I'm wondering if I should be wary of the X series? Should I wait for a Pro series release of the Warrior?

Thanks!

The best advice is to just make sure you have a return option if buying online. I haven't check the new models online yet. I heard there was a new Pro Warrior, but perhaps I'm mistaken or they were mistaken?

The Indonesian Pros and X's are hit and miss. Lots of happy owners, but it's not uncommon to hear complaints of poor workmanship.

Maybe try a used Japanese made Warrior like the WRMG?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The pro is 7 strings unfortunately. I'm gonna gamble and just buy it. It can't be any worse than my Gibson USAs... those aren't exactly high quality despite the price.

Comment

Placed the order and she arrives next week. will post pix in the import section.

Comment

The Dave Davidson model?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No. The gloss black... I'm old school. Don't know what to do with 7 strings.

Comment

Ah, okay. 7s are fun, just a low B string, not that hard to adjust to.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Ah, okay. 7s are fun, just a low B string, not that hard to adjust to.
                It just takes a week or two at most to get used to...
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Just ordered up SD Hot rodded trembucker set with gold pole pieces. Can’t wait until she arrives!

Comment

Working...
                  X