Reflex pickups in a Charvel Fusion Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflex pickups in a Charvel Fusion Plus

I found an old Charvel Fusion Plus online on the GC site. It has a natural finish ash body, dual HB pups, bolt neck, toothpaste logo, Dinky body, offset dot inlays, Schaller Jackson branded Floyd, 1 volume, one tone and 3-way blade pup selector. There was almost no info in the listing and bad pics, but I took a chance and ordered it because I like the short scale Fusion Series (already have a 90' USA Fusion). I expected it to have the old Jackson J-80, J-85, or J-90 pups, but when it arrived, I was surprised that it had Reflex pickups. They have plain black plastic covers like the old Jackson J series or EMGs and there is a 9v battery in the control cavity. I have never heard of this brand and have never seen any Jackson/Charvel guitars equipped with these. Did Jackson/Charvel ever put these in their guitars? If so, were they considered a lower or higher trim level? Can the coils be split (I was expecting the Jackson J series pups with 5-way selector and coil split positions).

GC volunteered a free set-up because it shipped with the setup so bad that it was unplayable, so I have not gotten a chance to really hear how it sounds. At rest, the floating bridge is tilted so far back that the strings are fretting out. I had to leave it with them for their tech to look at when he comes in next. I am keeping my fingers crossed that there are no serious neck or truss rod issues.

The guitar is otherwise beautiful and in excellent condition cosmetically.

Any info on these pups would be greatly appreciated and also any info on likely year the guitar was manufactured?
    Last edited by Ricey; 02-15-2018, 11:34 PM.

Heres a link with some good info and a schematic.
    I have a few of these, kinda like an alternative to EMGs back in the day.

Comment

JCF thread:

Comment

Reflex pickups came in a bunch of early 90s Jacksons not sure i ever saw them on Charvels. Maybe previous owner swapped the reflex pickups in there.

Comment

Working...
        X