Dont know what this is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know what this is

Hey folks, new guy from Missouri here. I bought a Jackson really cheap and I am not sure what it is, exactly, or how old it is. It is a 24 fret reverse head stock and the numbers on the neck plate are 99060614. Thanks. I love the way this thing plays and I changed out the pick ups to Duncan Designs. Any help is greatly appreciated

a pic would be a big help.

Comment

It's a 1999 India serial, but a pic would be most helpful. The model isn't indicated by the serial.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

This is the one.

Comment

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/dougstokes3021/media/20180320_221226_zpslwcpuja6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

This is it, dont know why it did not post on the other.

Comment

Hi guys ,
            somebody knows who this model is from Jackson guitar, ??

Where to build ?? and how much it costs??[IMG]https:/
            Thank you for helping me

Specifications:
            Solid body
            Body alder
            Neck-throu
            Neck maple
            Fretboard ebony
            H-H
            Pickup Seymour Duncan
            Floyd rose licensed under floyd rose pats
            24 fret
            (Did not write the serial number ) that's the problem!!!

Last edited by Emad; 04-07-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Im guessing its a fake chinese knockoff or something.

Comment

Yeah, that's totally fake. Even the pickups are not real Duncans with that logo placement.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Misshaped cut outs, misshaped electronics cavity, weird control placement...
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Ok, thanks guys .
                    However, how much does it cost?

Website www.thetopguitars.com price for this guitar is 550$$.
                    Is this the price?

Comment

Ok , thank you friends for helping me.

Comment

I have seen you on two different threads trying to get help. You do not seem to understand what people are telling you. This guitar is not a Jackson. It is a counterfeit. A fake. Just because it has the Jackson logo on the headstock does not mean that it is a real Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Emad View Post
                          Ok, thanks guys .
                          However, how much does it cost?

Website www.thetopguitars.com price for this guitar is 550$$.
                          Is this the price?
                          It's junk. If it doesn't have any issues, probably $200? Those cheap knockoffs often have many issues, wiring problems, cheap fake hardware, improperly dried woods leading to neck twist / bow issues, crappy fret end work, etc...
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just saw a guy on youtube recently that paid around $210 USD for a new Ace Frehley Les Paul from China, so that appears to be the ballpark for these counterfeit Chinese models.

They accidently sent him two. One had obvious finish/paint flaws that were very visible, the other appeared good at a glance.

The hardware and electronics would need to be upgraded if you wanted a decent guitar.

I should add: He wouldn't pay the price they quoted him, so they let it go for less. Apparently, you can beat these guys down, at least sometimes.
                            Last edited by Mudlark; 04-09-2018, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Yess is really true, thank you for all my friends

Comment

Working...
                              X