Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues With Shipping Ebony Shipping to Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues With Shipping Ebony Shipping to Canada?

Anyone know the process to get an SL2H to Canada from the US?

The seller says he needs permits that could take months. Really?
    If so...
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

I didn't think there were any issues with shipping ebony internationally. The recent CITES changes impacted rosewood and requires paperwork. But the amount of rosewood in an average guitar is well below limits.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I've had plenty of ebony board guitars shipped to me and never had the slightest issue.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

From this link, it looks like it's only madagascar ebony that CITES covers:

Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ebony, from what I read somewhere, would have to surpass the 2lb mark to require origin paperwork... or something like that.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, the seller doesn't want to check into it. Figures it isn't worth the hassle.
            I saved a fortune, but I missed this 2005 Bengal.
            [IMG][/IMG]
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Mudlark considering a tremolo-equipped guitar in a flashy finish?

Darn shame the other dance partner refused to dance. His loss. Guess he's not too eager to make a sale.

Comment

Mid-life crisis?

It's definitely louder than my personality would call for, but I've always wanted a Bengal. The Lightning Sky is my other must have, though that one does suit my personality. Black, boring, unexcited etc.

This is like a half dozen times a deal has fell through on a USA. I'm soon gonna break down and try to get that local SL2HT that a dickhead has been showing off on kijiji for 4-5 years. Only difference between it and mine are the pickups.
                Kinda' a waste of money, but fuck, I've got a pile of money saved for a friggin' USA.

If the novelty would've worn off the Bengal (or the Floyd was a pain), someone would've gotten a Bengal for a steal in a trade for another USA.

Comment

If I find a Bengal Soloist like that with a NR trem I'm all over it! Oh I'd need to find some money, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X