Looking for Giger-style finish pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Giger-style finish pics!

I started putting together my Stealth parts mutt tonight (sans electronics and trem), and this body is just begging for an "Aliens" graphic of some kind. I've looked at the GMW and Custom Airbrush sites to get a few ideas, but most of the pics are either without pickups and/or trem installed, or too small to make out the details. This guitar has a S/S/H pickup layout and will have a Floyd when completed, which limits the amount of surface area for a cool graphic, but I can't get this idea out of my head.

If you have pics or links, please share `em!
    sigpic

Re: Looking for Giger-style finish pics!

Click on "Instruments". There's a couple of 'em.

Custom Airbrush

- E. (A fellow Minnesota boy).
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Yeah, that was the first place I checked. I emailed Daneen years ago, when she was just starting out, and her price (I forget what it was) seemed very reasonable. However, she has put up any new guitar graphics in quite some time.
      sigpic

Comment

Goddammit, I was planning on doing the exact same thing myself. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Oh, well. The world isn't going to end if we both do Giger graphics. I have a few Giger prints, and I've considered sacrificing one to use on my guitar. Does anyone know if it's possible to do it this way? What I mean is sort of laminating the print to the top of the guitar, and shooting clear over it.

Anyone?
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hey zeegler,

I am no expert, but I think that Fender used to use "photo-flame" on some of their guitars. Supposedly they used pictures of nicely flamed tops instead of actual wood. You should be able to use one of your prints on a guitar. I guess it would depend on the body contour.

Best of Luck,

-Mike

Comment

http://www.hrgiger.com/frame.htm
            www.kiddhavok.com
            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I emailed her today at lunch, to get a quote on the pic that is in the lower-left corner on the third page. I had an old quote for it, but that was from January 2000! This will have to be a winter thing due to finances, but if her prices haven't gone through the roof and I can get the remaining hardware I need without selling any internal organs on the black market...

Well, I'll just have to wait to see what she says.
              sigpic

Comment

Inazone, take notice that Daneen will be adding this one to her archives page really soon: [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[ October 21, 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: charvel750 ]
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Here's mine, I sorta hack-designed and partly did this one myself, with the help of GMW.

http://hometown.aol.com/stutdavis/myhomepage/photo.html

Giger's fun! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

Working...
                  X