Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to replace single coils on SL1, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to replace single coils on SL1, help!

Ok,

So im getting a Duncan Distortion for the bridge, BUT, the neck pup is way too weak and I want a humbucker style sound out of it!

The middlke coil doesnt really matter, its weak , but I can leave it for weak tones. I want a Single coil that acts like ahumbucker for those nice glassy tones in the neck coil toggle position, but with enuf oomphh so it sounds good, not like these pissy weak ones in there (stock SL1 singles)

So what should I toss in there?

Re: need to replace single coils on SL1, help!

hey bro, i had the same problem in my slimer shannon and put a lil' 59 in there and what a diff., much better

thanks
    jon

Comment

Seymour Duncan Cool Rails or Lil' Screamin Demon. I have heard the Lil Screamin Demon sounds killer in the neck with a hot bridge pickup. The Lil' JB sounds good in the neck too from I've heard. If you want some cheap used pickups try Justin at www.jcguitars.com

He's got a load of stuff.

Comment

I believe Seymour Duncan has single coil sized humbuckers, or maybe they're called minibuckers, im not sure. Maybe those are the models Jon just mentioned im not sure its been a while since I had a Duncan catalog.

Comment

Working...
        X