ARgh Im deaf. But wooohoooooooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARgh Im deaf. But wooohoooooooooo

Just got back from the House of Blues and on of the best shows ive seen in a long time. Stryper was awsome. Michael still has his voice just as good as it was in the 80's and Oz still has all his hair. And all his chops too. Even though Michael had a resemblance to Steve Perry ( must've been the hair cut). Dsuring the first song Michael accidently disconnected his wireless from his guitar and it went sailing across the stage. He was jumping around and knocked it out.
    Oh well he got it all back together. Oz Played his Wayne most of the night, Although the Charvel was close behind as well was a SL2H in silver flake with black v shaped stripes from the Neck to the end of the guitar. It was very cool.
    Sounded great too. THe Peavey XXX sounded great.
    THey sounded just like they did back in the day.
    Mike had a PRS custom 24 and a hot rod flame Wolfgang. Great tone. Rex Carroll ( Whitecross)
    Was on hand and played a song with the band and he was incredable as usual. He played a Tom Anderson with a floyd. Robert sweet again was hanging out side talking to fans and then was wisked away by his wife and friends to go to dinner or something. Nice SUV too.
    Robert was the only one who wore anything of the old yellow and black. He had the pants on with a t-shirt. He had some crazy hats too. Like a real big black mad hatter kind of thing with yellow smilies on it that didnt quite fit so it kept falling inhis eyes. (on purpose) It was hilarious He didnt miss a beat either. The he had a White and black striped one like a Cat in th hat kind of thing. It wa sgreat too see th eguys back together and getting along (for the most part)
    Oz's rig consisted of a Tech 21 Booster DI, a Boss NS2 a Boss TU2 and a morley wah pedal into his XXX. Michaels gear i coudnt quite make out the monitor was in the way. Robert is still the comedian of the bunch too. He was goofing around between songs and was actually reclining on his kit during the intro to Honestly. with Oz tapping him on the foot to wake up. They obviously seem to have put there differances aside and are trying to make things work again.
    They also made mention of a Live album being compilated from this tour. So we made lots of noise. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Anyway if your thinking of going do it. It was the best 23 bucks ive spent.
    Gil

Re: ARgh Im deaf. But wooohoooooooooo

So Sweet ain't acting drunk anymore?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

PRS custom 24 [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

no picies ?

Comment

I'm goin on Nov 15th, and just passed by their site and saw two tidbits of info.

Camera's are not allowed at Stryper Shows
        and
        Stryper DVD to be filmed in Denver, Co - Oct 24th

The camera thing I think is quite gay. I can understand camcorders and such, but still photos?
        Anyways, I'm takin my camera anyways, I can zoom and no flash.

Comment

Hey JACKSONFREAK you know of Rex Carroll do you. I used to go to Whitecross shows to watch him shred. Got a picture of me and him when they did a school in upstate NY. Man that guy was probably the best guitarist on the Christian music scene but the sonwriting wasn't good.I might go see Stryper at the Chance here in NY in November. Saw them at L'Amours Brooklyn back in the 80's and they were great.

Comment

You betchya I know of Rex Carroll. I own every Whitecross album and They were a band based out Chicago along with Barron Cross. Rex still lives in the area too. One of the teahcers at a music store here was a student of Rex's. Awsome player.
            Rex is a great guy and still wares that Richie Sambora hat. I still listen to by demand alot (whitecross greatest hits). Awsome stuff.
            Too bad they didn't make it that long.
            You should go to the Stryper show if yo can you wont be sorry. No no pics they dont let camers in. Although some of those micro digitals were seen. Nope they weren't acting drunk at all. Actually they were acting very sober and Christain like. I think Michael has chased his demons away. Great show well worth the 23 bucks.
            If any of you havent seen Stryper but arent into the whole Christain aspect of thier lyrics go anyway. They put on an excellent show and both Mike and OZ do some serious simultanious shredding. It was amaizing to see in a small venue like the house of blues.
            Gil

Comment

Gil,

A buddy of mine turned me on to some other bands you might know of: Bloodgood, Holy Soldier and Bride. Barren Cross is one cool band. When I first heard them I thought Iron Maiden had a new album out [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you get a chance, check out a Christian guitarist named Lanny Cordola. He's incredible.

Stryper rocked in VA, too!

Comment

Hey jacksonfreak and fritzreiser you ought to check out Angelica while you're at it. That guitarist can shred as well and they've got some good hooks. I think he does flight of the bumblebee as a solo on the rock stock and barrel cd. I think thats the name its been a long time.

Comment

Oh yea he plays a Jackson soloist too a black one with gold hardware ,I forgot to mention that before.

Comment

Yeah Ive heard of Bloodgood. I have two of their CD's. Cool stuff. I've heard of holy soldier and angelica but not Bride. One of the guys at the show had mentioned Angelicas and of course me being the smart as$ I am I mentioned no but I have had a few Angelicus catfish. Nobody got it of course. They dont have fish> [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                    Oh well. I need some new Christain metal Cd's. I need to go shopping.
                    Gil

Comment

Working...
                    X