Question about JS32 Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about JS32 Dinky

Hi all. i recently came in the jackson family . i've bought the js32 natural which i must tell is very beautifull guitar.

Now getting to the point. My guitar has 24 frets and from the 17-14 fret it has a forward bow effect ( to be more specific at 17 - 14 is like a small ramp ) and the rest of the frets ( 13-1 ) are straight.
    i tryed to fix it with the trust rod but all the changes were on the first frets... resulting the 1- 12 forward bow as i tighten the trust rod , and back bow as i losen the trust rod. so i took it back to its original straight level at 1-11 frets because it weren't doing anything at the point were the fretboard has its issue.
    i also have 2 guitars (samic, epiphone) with 21 frets ( i dont know if that matters) and neither have a curve so high. Some time did curve but it was in the middle of the fretboard and it was and easy fix.
    Ive send it back to the dealer to check it. He said that this is normal and that all jacksons have something like that (little curve).
    What is your opinion on this matters? is this normal?
    Any js32 guy in here so he can check his guitar and help me out?
    Unfortunately i don't have any shop with guitars to check it by myself.

sorry for any mistakes cause i am not pro in english and if you have any question i am here to explain (i mean i will try :P)

Sorry i messed the tittle. if any admin /moderator sees that please change it to Question about js32 dinky natural.

Comment

This is how it looks

https://imgur.com/a/2ZUCXx8

Comment

Originally posted by paloukilouk View Post
        Sorry i messed the tittle. if any admin /moderator sees that please change it to Question about js32 dinky natural.
        Dammit I thought this was going to be a Star Trek Next Generation thread.

Yeah as you've figured out the truss only adjusts the lower half of the neck, frets 1 - 10 or so. It sounds like you may have a "rising tongue" situation. That sometimes means a full fret dress, sometimes just the high frets can be filed down.

Good luck, mon capitaine.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Dammit I thought this was going to be a Star Trek Next Generation thread.

Yeah as you've figured out the truss only adjusts the lower half of the neck, frets 1 - 10 or so. It sounds like you may have a "rising tongue" situation. That sometimes means a full fret dress, sometimes just the high frets can be filed down.

Good luck, mon capitaine.
          I'll google that cause ive no idea what this is.
          Anyway thanks for your reply man

Comment

Based on the pic, your truss rod is too lose.
            Tighten it 1/2 turn at a time until it flattens out.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Based on the pic, your truss rod is too lose.
              Tighten it 1/2 turn at a time until it flattens out.

Thanks for your reply. I tried that yesterday and the results were a forward bow in the lower frets and nothing on the high frets with the problem. The 1-12 frets are perfect straight so any change in trust rod will curve those low frets.

Comment

The truss rod should if installed correctly affect the whole neck not only 1-12 frets. And looking at that picture it looks like it has too much relief which i call forward bow and the action looks like its way too high.

Is this a new or used guitar? Also it is not normal for a guitar to have an uneven neck if its new. It could be that the fretboard is lifting or the frets are lifting.
                If the dealer tells you that its normal then he dont know what he is talking about or is bullshitting.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                  The truss rod should if installed correctly affect the whole neck not only 1-12 frets. And looking at that picture it looks like it has too much relief which i call forward bow and the action looks like its way too high.

Is this a new or used guitar? Also it is not normal for a guitar to have an uneven neck if its new. It could be that the fretboard is lifting or the frets are lifting.
                  If the dealer tells you that its normal then he dont know what he is talking about or is bullshitting.
                  Its a new guitar but as tthe dealer told me this guitar were in showroom for some days. The frets are evently installed ( 5-6 are not touching 100% the board but they are at the proper level.) on the fretboard but the fretboard/ neck has this curve a little after the neck pocket. Btw i noticed that when i took the strings off, the neck came a little straighter. It seems tha the strings tention make the problem even worse. Also some frets were not attached very good on the fretboard. For example my samick 20 year old flying v (under 280 $) have perfect fret job. All of them are touching the fretboard evently. But this guitar had some (5-6 ) frets not touching properly the fretboard , and one has a little cut on the side which touches the fretboard( i dont know why they used a fret like that)
                  Any js32 owner would help. I want to reorder the guitar from another shop( dealer agreed to return my money) but i want to be sure about the neck. If the neck must be straight on this guitar or curved and the condition of the frets.
                  To bad i forgot to set proper tittle on that post . some js32 owners would come and help me out on this
                  Last edited by paloukilouk; 07-20-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

If its a new guitar, take it back and have the dealer fix it or replace the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                      If its a new guitar, take it back and have the dealer fix it or replace the guitar.
                      This...
                      Doesn't matter where the guitar was, showroom, warehouse, whatever.
                      If it cannot be fixed with a truss rod adjustment, it's defective and must be replaced.
                      Don't settle for a "fixed" new guitar. Have the dealer swap it for another one.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        This...
                        Doesn't matter where the guitar was, showroom, warehouse, whatever.
                        If it cannot be fixed with a truss rod adjustment, it's defective and must be replaced.
                        Don't settle for a "fixed" new guitar. Have the dealer swap it for another one.

First of all thank you all for your advices and your support on my issue
                        The dealer said this is normal and that every jackson guitar js series will have a curved neck like this one, even some with 500-600 euros. So we agree on giving my money back.. (still waiting tho). I ve made some calls on shops near my town to check the guitars by my self but noone has a jackson js series, thats why now i am looking for owners in this forum so i can learn from them how is the neck and the frets.

Comment

First of all thank you all for your advices and your support on my issue
                          The dealer said this is normal and that every jackson guitar js series will have a curved neck like this one, even some with 500-600 euros. So we agree on giving my money back.. (still waiting tho). I ve made some calls on shops near my town to check the guitars by my self but noone has a jackson js series, thats why now i am looking for owners in this forum so i can learn from them how is the neck and the frets.
                          He's full of shit.
                          I have a JS32RT sitting 5 feet from me with a perfectly straight neck.
                          Great guitar for the money once you dump the shitty pickups.

-Rick

Comment

If you can’t take it back, you can get the geometry close with shims in the neck pocket and adjusting the truss.
                            from the pic, it looks like you need to tighten a 1/2 turn, check the relief, maybe stick a piece of sandpaper in the neck pocket
                            Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Fixed.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X