Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    He's full of shit.
    I have a JS32RT sitting 5 feet from me with a perfectly straight neck.
    Great guitar for the money once you dump the shitty pickups.

Thats what i wanted to hear. Someone confirm that the neck is ok. On mine pressing the 1st and 24 frets on 6th string it had a curve 0,6-0,9 mm on the 9-12 fret. And with the slightest turn on trust rod the 4,5,6 frets came up so the fretboard becoming even worse. Can you check the relief of your guitar ? Usually people count the 9 fret. I posted on 9-12 fret because on my guitar the relief there was bigger( because the curve is on high frets). Also how are the frets sitting on fretboard? All normal? Mine had some frets little higher and i was able to see glue between the fret and board(those frets were sanded so at they were at the same level with the near ones)
    Btw mine was js32 dinky natural oil. It must have same neck- fretboard like yours right??

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Fixed.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by paloukilouk View Post
        Thats what i wanted to hear. Someone confirm that the neck is ok. On mine pressing the 1st and 24 frets on 6th string it had a curve 0,6-0,9 mm on the 9-12 fret. And with the slightest turn on trust rod the 4,5,6 frets came up so the fretboard becoming even worse. Can you check the relief of your guitar ? Usually people count the 9 fret. I posted on 9-12 fret because on my guitar the relief there was bigger( because the curve is on high frets). Also how are the frets sitting on fretboard? All normal? Mine had some frets little higher and i was able to see glue between the fret and board(those frets were sanded so at they were at the same level with the near ones)
        Btw mine was js32 dinky natural oil. It must have same neck- fretboard like yours right??
        My neck is pretty much straight and flat. Relief at the 9th fret is 0.7 mm. There is no bow (curve).

Necks should be identical in craftsmanship as they came out fo the same factory.
        Bad ones slip through the QC process from time to time.
        -Rick

Comment

My neck is pretty much straight and flat. Relief at the 9th fret is 0.7 mm. There is no bow (curve).

Necks should be identical in craftsmanship as they came out fo the same factory.
          Bad ones slip through the QC process from time to time.
          Hmmm maybe do you mean 0,07 cause 0,7 its much i think. My epiphone and samick have around 0,1 mm
          What about your frets? All good? Any bad and how many if?

Comment

I'm measurung from the string to the fretboard.
            You can't get a pick between the string and the frets.
            Frets are perfect. I leveled and dressed them when I bought it.

I'll try and get pics in the morning.
            -Rick

Comment

I'm measurung from the string to the fretboard.
              You can't get a pick between the string and the frets.
              Frets are perfect. I leveled and dressed them when I bought it.

I'll try and get pics in the morning.

I think that when we measure relief we count string to fret and not fretboard. I am not expert but i think this is the correct method. On my epiphone i press 1 and 21 fret and the 6 string is touching all the frets except 1-2 in the middle.
              Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X