help with identifying guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with identifying guitar

Hi, I am new to the forums here My uncle bought this guitar at a garage sale. The people didn't know much about it. There son went off to college and left bunch of stuff behind that he no longer wanted. Any info on this guitar would be great
    thanks

well I guess sense I'm new or something I can't upload pictures?

Comment

You need to upload your pics to a third party hosting service. There are a number of great, free, generous image hosting websites available on the internet: https://www.google.ca/search?num=100....0.TntraCcB68g.

My personal recommendation is www.imgur.com.

After uploading, copy and paste the links here.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Sorry for such a late reply - also not sure why my words in my original post not showing up
          HI, I am new to the forums here My uncle bought this guitar at a garage sale. The people didn't know much about it. There son went of to college and left a bunch of stuff behind that he no longer wanted. Any info on this guitar would be great

Comment

2005-2006 DK2
            Made in Japan

Great guitar btw.

FYI... the neck plate is BS.
            Last edited by rjohnstone; 07-25-2018, 12:20 PM.
            -Rick

Comment

Looks to be in great condition too. Hopefully "garage sale" means that you bought it for a very low price. How much did you pay for it?

It would likely be in the wide range of 2006-2011 based on the specifications alone (black hardware + real Seymour Duncans). Without the original neckplate, the serial number is missing and it would be hard to pinpoint a date for the guitar. However, if you disassemble the neck from the body, you will find date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket.

Comment

he paid $200 is that a good deal? no case or anything just the strap. It's a gift to me so super awesome deal either way haha

Comment

oh he said he bought a bunch of tools and construction equipment so was it $250 but I still think that's a fair price from what I'm looking at ebay?

Comment

it does have this one small crack https://imgur.com/i1FY4pQ

Comment

not sure how much that effects the value?

Comment

Neck pocket cracks are not uncommon on guitars with bolt-neck construction like this. They are deemed nearly insignificant in the Ibanez community since they are common on their guitars, but I haven't paid much attention to it happening on Jackson/Charvel guitars. $250 for this guitar + other stuff makes it a great deal!

Comment

Nice score! Neck pocket surface cracks are indeed common with bolt-on guitars, nothing really to worry about.

Welcome to the forum.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            It would likely be in the wide range of 2006-2011 based on the specifications alone (black hardware + real Seymour Duncans).
                            Nah... remember, the DK2 went H-H config in 2007.
                            -Rick

Comment

I want trust you on that since I wasn't paying much attention to the guitar market in the late 2000s, but I could swear only the Japanese maple-boarded DK2M was a 2H configuration and that the Japanese rosewood-boarded DK2 retained the HSS configuration.

I've seen too many used Japanese rosewood-boarded HSS DK2s with black hardware and full Duncans listed across Canada in the past two years of watching the Canadian used market to make me wonder how they could all have been produced between the narrow date range of 2005/06 to 2007, and I wonder why haven't I seen any rosewood-boarded 2H DK2s with black hardware and full Duncans dating 2007 to 2011.

Need Mudlark the Human Jackson Catalog to intervene and help us out.

Comment

Working...
                              X