No announcement yet.

help with identifying guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry everyone I haven't responded. I went through a really big family crisis. Soo much stuff going on. I took the neck off and the date was way different. I will upload a picture.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the family crisis.

Thanks for providing the pic. I see a stamp that translates to 2011 November 17th. Which puts it well within my predicted range in my original guess earlier in this thread:

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      Looks to be in great condition too. Hopefully "garage sale" means that you bought it for a very low price. How much did you pay for it?

It would likely be in the wide range of 2006-2011 based on the specifications alone (black hardware + real Seymour Duncans). Without the original neckplate, the serial number is missing and it would be hard to pinpoint a date for the guitar. However, if you disassemble the neck from the body, you will find date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket.

Comment

With so much family stuff going on. Being on mobile new to this forum. I didn't know there was 2 pages I had to search for my post. and I thought I accidentally posted on someone else's post... I with hospital stuff now going on I might have to sell this guitar. I will list it on this site if new members are able too. If not then reverb or craigslist.
        It being a remake did I still pay a decent price for it?

Comment

Number of priest that makes sense. The neck has a stamp dk2 10:12.10 so is it original?

Comment

It is fine for the neck and body stamps to not have the same dates. Maybe the necks were made almost a year in advance of the bodies to which they would be eventually mated.

It's also not unheard of for the factory to mix and match. My KE3 has neck/headstock binding which is unusual since KE3s don't come with binding. I took off the neck and it's actually stamped as a DK2S neck, and those Japanese Dinky necks definitely had binding. So while it's the "wrong" model's neck for the body, it's fine because it's still compatible and I consider it a bonus to have a "KE3 with binding".

Best of luck with your family stuff. We empathize, but bear in mind that we are not Platinum Members so we won't be allowed to post in the Classifieds section, and cannot circumvent the rules by posting out sales outside of that section either. However, there are plenty of other avenues, including eBay, Reverb, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, some of the Facebook Groups (verify their selling rules), etc. You shouldn't have many problem recouping your initial spend. In fact you might be able to resell it for more, since your purchase price was relatively low. Best wishes.

Comment

number of the priest - thank you soo much! family losses suck! but we don't live forever but music does I didn't expect to sell this guitar but things happen and hopefully someone else enjoys it like I did when I got it. This forum is great! You all are so helpful hopefully I will be back on here with another Jackson one day.

Comment

Working...
              X