GIbby shapes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIbby shapes?

why is it Jackson & BCRich can NOT make gibby shapes, but most Hamers are basically gibby copies. does hamer pay gibson....

& did Jackson stop making them before or after the fender thing....if its after thats BS.

Re: GIbby shapes?

It's because the Gibby shape sucks and is uncomfortable to play. OK LP fans, flame away!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

To each his own man, I love the LP, Explorer and flying V shapes a lot. The SG I don't dig.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
        It's because the Gibby shape sucks and is uncomfortable to play. OK LP fans, flame away!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">not the Firebird, Jackson FB tho [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hamer just makes them better than Gibson! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you directly compare Hamer's V and Explorer shapes to Gibson's, you will see the distinct horn angle differences which keeps Hamer from violating Gibson's trademark/design. While they cast similar shadows, they are not identical, and Gibson can't touch them for that.
            Given Fender's high-profile (side by side with Gibson), Gibson had to get tough with Jackon's use of their body styles, even if (as Kevin Easton said before) Jackson found a "loophole" in the design like Hamer, Gibson would tie up production in court even if they knew they couldn't win, simply because of Fender's distribution muscle. That muscle could deliver Jackson Explorers, rounded Vs, and Firebirds to every corner of the free world better, faster, and cheaper than Gibson wants to.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X