Charvel USA serial number help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel USA serial number help

I'm looking at buying a used Charvel USA San Dimas however I'm struggling to confirm if it is legit. It looks like a recent pro-mod model (mexico) but the neck plate has the Made in USA logo. The serial number is a format that I cant find any info on, starts with "CF". I contacted Charvel/Fender to look up the serial number. There response was that this pre-dates Fenders purchase of CHarvel :/
    Here is the pic of the guitar and Serial #
    Is this legit?

Here's a corrected link to your photos: https://imgur.com/a/JxsiVCe

The photo of the neck plate is potentially deceptive, making the neck plate itself look deceptive. Because of the way the photo was shot, I can't tell if there's any depth to the neckplate. It looks "flat" and to me the flatness looks bizarre.

When I talk about depth and flatness, I'm referring to the raised surfaces on an authentic neckplate, as seen in my 2009 USA So-Cal below:

I don't recall seeing a CFxxxxx serial number either.

Finally, the font looks completely different, comparing my plate with yours. My plate has periods separating the letters in U.S.A. while your plate says USA without periods. My conclusion: bogus neckplate.

The guitar itself is Mexican and legitimate. The specs (recessed Floyd, blade switch, presence of a tone knob with Six Pack of Sound circuit, that quilt/burst finish, those zebra Duncans) are all 2016-and-after Mexican Pro-Mod specifications.

Comment

Agree with NOTP. The guitar is a legit Mexican Charvel pro mod. It is NOT a USA guitar. And that neck plate is totally bogus.

Comment

FAKE! Charvel USA ProMod's never came with a truss rod wheel.

Neck plate looks wrong as well. The serial number should be 00 with 4 digits, like 001234.

OP,

One thread is enough. I saw Toe posted in your other thread.
        Last edited by DonP; 09-28-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X