Interesting post on BC Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting post on BC Rich

I was reading this post off the BC Rich forum about who made the best custom shop guitars. It was between BC Rich, of course, but also Jackson and ESP. One poster states that Jackson lent nothing of value to the guitar industry that was original. I just found that comment comical and thought I'd share it.

http://www.bcrich.com/bcrbb/viewtopic.php?t=402
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Re: Interesting post on BC Rich

I think it´s impossible to overlook the Soloist when talking about rockguitar-innovation.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] THIS I agree with:

esp "guitars" are some the MOST UNORIGINAL, overpriced, cookie cutter pieces of firewood EVER!!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

I'll second that.

Comment

I think the most important contribution Jackson made was the speed neck. I played BC Rich before I ever played any Jackson's. They have nice necks but Jackson definitely should get props for neck design. But I guess if body shape is the only thing of concern BC Rich would be a top runner. I won't even comment on ESP. They used to make great copies of other peoples designs is pretty much my feeling on them.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

i gotta say that i'm slowly becoming a rich convert... while i was in california last week, curt's nagel gunslinger rarely left my hands. it has THE best neck profile i've ever felt.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I own a few Jackson USA guitars as well as a few custom Jackson. I noticed a lot better quality in my ESP customs on small things such as the fret ends, fret dressings. The best quality guitar I own from a attention to detail stand point is my San Dimas Jackson Rhoads. I am not bashing Jackson by any means but ESP makes a very good quality guitar. Sure they are a little over priced but well worth it and I stay away from the bolt on ESPs because those are just a rip off. Anyways I heard the new BC Rich custom shop really sucks quality wise after their move to Ohio. I noticed BC Rich is kind of keeping their custom shop location a secret which is strange.

Comment

I like BC Rich's USA's but am mixed on their imports still. Some are decent, but it really comes down to the individual guitar instead of any series for me. My personal favorite was a natural-finish USA Mockingbird Bass I saw about ten years ago. I am still kicking myself for not buying it.

Comment

i love old bcrcichs but the forum they have is crap. i think most people there dont know a damn thing & are very misinformed on guitars in general...i havnt read that post there & wont even bothering...

Comment

"I noticed a lot better quality in my ESP customs on small things such as the fret ends, fret dressings. The best quality guitar I own from a attention to detail stand point is my San Dimas Jackson Rhoads."

So you´re saying that both Jackson and ESP have the highest quality regarding attention to details? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I am saying that I am impressed with San Dimas era Jackson's attention to detail. I am not impressed with the newer Jackson's attention to detail compared to my ESP customs.

Comment

Ok, I see your point now...no offense, eh? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That last guy said "Neckthru?-I don't think so, Mr Bernie Rico did that in the early seventies." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Rickenbacker and Gibson doing neckthru in the sixties?

Comment

There's a small handful of people on the BCR forum that have a clue. I pretty much ignore most of the posts or just hang out at Neal Moser's forum to discuss BCRs.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy:
                              There's a small handful of people on the BCR forum that have a clue. I pretty much ignore most of the posts or just hang out at Neal Moser's forum to discuss BCRs.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah that would be the way to go. Most people dont know a lot of facts just what they've been told. Thats why when I spout out Jackson stuff I only say what I know for a fact to be true, not what I've heard.

As far as BC Rich guitars, every one i've seen in person looked like a big pile of junk. I dont know if i've seen USA's or just all imports but everyone i've seen in person just didnt look like it was a quality guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X