Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting post on BC Rich

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
    That last guy said "Neckthru?-I don't think so, Mr Bernie Rico did that in the early seventies." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Rickenbacker and Gibson doing neckthru in the sixties?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. By the 70's many different companies were doing neckthroughs.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47:
      I own a few Jackson USA guitars as well as a few custom Jackson. I noticed a lot better quality in my ESP customs on small things such as the fret ends, fret dressings. The best quality guitar I own from a attention to detail stand point is my San Dimas Jackson Rhoads. I am not bashing Jackson by any means but ESP makes a very good quality guitar. Sure they are a little over priced but well worth it and I stay away from the bolt on ESPs because those are just a rip off. Anyways I heard the new BC Rich custom shop
      really sucks quality wise after their move to Ohio. I noticed BC Rich is kind of keeping their custom shop location a secret which is strange.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. BC Rich Custom shop is supposedly about 3 miles from my house in Delhi, which is a suburb in Cincinnati. I have not been able to find it (not like I actually went looking), but I've heard it from quite a few who would know (not unreliable people). I'll check with them and see if I can get an address...
      It was strange too -- about 2 years ago (which is when I think they moved here - as well as Kustom -- all sorts of small shops started carrying their stuff [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

guys not to be picky but if it wasn't for CHARVEL there would be no Jackson, BCRich, or ESP to debate over. Charvel was and still is the best guitar ever produced. i'm off my soapbox.

Comment

I'm sure there would be a Jackson or another name that Grover came up with. Wayne Charvel didnt do all that much really, I mean especially when you look at his Wayne Guitars. They're pretty hit and miss as far as I've heard and if he's so great why arent his guitars great?

Not to start an arguement, just a question I ask to myself with reguards to Charvel.

Comment

Umm, Bernie Sr was handcrafting guitars way before Wayne Charvel started modding Fender Strats. Just fyi. If Wayne Charvel never did what he did, there would be no Jackson Guitars, but BC Rich would have still been one of the dominant guitars of the shred era, like they were.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Why do you guys say with out Charvel there would be no Jackson? Like Grover Jackson would only have made guitars because he worked for Wayne?

Ahhh nevermind I dont wanna start a huge lame arguement with my fellow JCF'rs

Comment

Working...
              X