Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Guthrie Govan Sig Model -- Caramelized Ash vs. Flame Maple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Guthrie Govan Sig Model -- Caramelized Ash vs. Flame Maple?

Hey All -- Brand new here.

I keep hearing great things about the Charvel Govan models. Do any owners out there have a take on which model is preferred, the Caramelized Ash or Flame Maple? The ash body has a maple neck while the Flame Maple top has a basswood body. Does this make for a big (meaning pretty noticeable) difference in tone? Are there any other advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? Love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers and many thanks for any help!

Really? No Govan owners out there?

Comment

Try one of the facebook groups - pretty sure some guys in the groomed noodlers group have GGs..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I can’t afford one, but I’d like to have one.

Comment

It’s a nice looking guitar, but in my opinion overpriced. Also, the old-style original Floyd Rose without fine tuners looks kind of cool but I would just prefer a standard Floyd Rose setup on a guitar like this.

Comment

It's not a NFT Original Floyd. It's a new bridge made specifically by FMIC for the GG model.

Comment

I've only played the flame version and it kicks ass. Hard to imagine going wrong with either. It's hard enough getting your hands on one of them to demo let alone both versions.

Comment

We sell a lot of more of the Caramelized Ash ones but both are fantastic! I would say the Ash one could have a tad more cut to it, something in the highs.. but it's subtle and I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They're both very balanced guitars tonally. You really can't go wrong either way!
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                  We sell a lot of more of the Caramelized Ash
                  Yea that's the one I'm leaning towards.

Good to see you coming back around Matt and welcome aboard sgtsteiner If you need a good deal on one don't hesitate to shoot Matt a PM. Iv'e bought a couple from him and can vouch for a smooth deal long with setup to your liking!

Comment

Played the ash model twice. Great guitar but at $3k its overpriced. I picked up the Rasmus (suhr) GG model and its the nicest import I've ever played. It became what suhr now calls the Satin series the only difference between the two is the Suhr is fully made in America and has SS frets.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                      Yea that's the one I'm leaning towards.

Good to see you coming back around Matt and welcome aboard sgtsteiner If you need a good deal on one don't hesitate to shoot Matt a PM. Iv'e bought a couple from him and can vouch for a smooth deal long with setup to your liking!
                      Thank you!
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                      X