Identifying my Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying my Jackson

I just got a dinky that has a green flame top, black back. Chrome jackson licensed floyd rose, Serial number on neck plate is 9702653. neck pocket says dr3 (but its nor reversed). Heal of neck says wxt and 95 - any ideas?

mutt?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      mutt?
      agreed.

Sounds like a DR3 body & a Warrior XT neck
      Hail yesterday

Comment

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/kellsonweb/media/20181020_104648.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Comment

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/kellsonweb/media/20181020_104706_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/kellsonweb/media/20181019_171756.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Comment

Thanks for the help - I am trying to upload photos but am having problems

Comment

So why would someone add a Warrior neck? It plays great I'm just trying to get an idea what I have. I am confused on the serial number too - 1997 or 2007? Made in Japan?

Comment

Some people like to piece together necks and bodies. I once had a Warrior MG body with an old PS-4 neck.

Sounds like a DR3 body which is from '97 (and Japanese). The Warrior XT didn't come out until 2001 and was first made in India and then the next year it moved production to Japan.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by greybox View Post
                    So why would someone add a Warrior neck? It plays great I'm just trying to get an idea what I have. I am confused on the serial number too - 1997 or 2007? Made in Japan?
                    some people don't like reverse headstocks, or just like modding guitars. Maybe they wanted the reverse headstock for another guitar so did a swap. Or maybe the original neck was broken and they picked up a replacement on ebay.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

If it's a japanese neck, it's all good regardless... if it's just a japanese neckplate, not so much

Comment

I can only see the neckplate and it appears chrome?

If so, the plate is for 2003ish Japan, so it'd obviously go with the Warrior.
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                        X