Score of the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score of the day!

Early San Dimas era! Jackson j90c bridge pickup. Got this for $40 cad. Original box and Jackson user manual. No Jackson stamped on baseplate has Jackson made in USA and J90c labels. Possibly hand wound by Abigail Ybarra! hope I spelled her name right. Been looking for one of these to install in my Charvel model 4 lava crackle finish guitar. The box says San Dimas and I researched the early Jackson pickups had plain baseplates with the Jackson made in USA label. Will post some pics on imgur.
    Last edited by Bossrock70; 12-22-2018, 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Came with a dimarzio push pull potentiometer but not sure if originally came with the j90c pickup.

Comment

Nice, just picked one of those up myself for 40 bucks but your is definitly cleaner.
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Nice! I noticed your polepieces are dark slugs and dark screws. I had a 1986 Model 1, with the J90C pickup, but mine lacks the "Jackson Pickups Made in USA" label on the underside, and all twelve polepieces are slugs (rather than a mix of slugs and screws). Maybe mine is Japanese? But according to http://charvelusa.com/jackson_pickups.html, Jackson made pickups in the USA for import Charvels, Gotoh Japan didn't start making pickups for Jackson until 1989. So I don't know what to make of it.

Comment

Jackson stopped using the made in USA label when Jackson was stamped on the baseplate and the pickups that were covered would have all flat pole pieces. The import versions have plain baseplates and the j90c label as far as I can tell from my research on them. So your pickup probably had a cover that was removed.

Comment

Working...
          X